⑤①

Taehyung's words got stuck in his throat. Had he really been about to say this on accident? His face reddened and he tried to speak calmly and hide his nervousness but the monitor supervising his heartbeat next to him betrayed him.

The bleeps got faster and faster and confused, Jungkook turned to look at it and then at Taehyung. The monitor showed the blonde's pulse, which was speeding up rapidly. First, Jungkook panicked a little but when he saw Taehyung's tomato red face he knew what the cause was. Leaning towards him with a cocky smile, Taehyung jolted back, watching Jungkook chuckle and push his hair back sexily.

"Nervous, hyung?"

"N-no, why would I be?" Taehyung uttered in one breath.

Jungkook laughed and slowly began to crawl over Taehyung, who leaned back until he couldn't anymore. Staring at Jungkook with wide-opened eyes, his heartbeat skyrocketed even more.

"Because I think you are."

What the fuck was this kind of situation? Taehyung wondered. A few weeks ago, the younger wasn't able to say a single word without stuttering but here they were now, Taehyung blushing the hell out of him and Jungkook doing an excellent job at making him nervous.

"A-am n-not—" Taehyung's breath hitched as he saw Jungkook bending down, quickly squeezing his eyes together.

And why was the voice at the back of his head telling him to pull the Maknae closer and make out until they have to part because of oxygen? All thoughts were pushed aside immediately as Taehyung felt Jungkook's breath on his lips. The older's breathing became faster and he felt the younger shuffle.

"If you say so." Jungkook's voice whispered next to his ear, "I'll forgive you, hyung."

Even though Jungkook got off of him, Taehyung was still laying there in some kind of shock state, his heart pounding against his chest.

"T-Taehyung! Should I call the doctor? Your pulse is at 136!"

After glancing at the Maknae, the model broke out in a laughing fit, despite his pulse still being dangerously high. The man who just had his heartbeat skyrocket was now looking like an extremely worried puppy.

"T-that's not funny! You could die!" Jungkook whined, shaking Taehyung's hand, causing the blonde to laugh even more.

"Hyung!"

Instead of giving in to the brunette's pleads, Taehyung continued wheezing, not noticing that Jungkook's head hung low and his shoulders twitched, a signal he was about to cry. The older only realised when he felt tiny water droplets landing on the hand Jungkook was clutching tightly. Eyes widening, Taehyung coughed and immediately stopped, eyeing the crying younger with guilt.

"Hey, it's okay, I'll calm down now, I promise."

Gently ruffling his hair, Taehyung laid back and closed his eyes, breathing in and out calmly, Jungkook sighing in relief while quickly wiping away the tears. After a while of watching the blonde calm down, Jungkook's eyelids got heavy and yawned quietly, but Taehyung still noticed. He patted the free space next to him, and Jungkook placed his arms on the bed, resting his head on them.

"How long was I out?"

"All friday and this night. The other's also came to visit, but they left when it became dark." Jungkook murmured sleepily and smiled lightly as Taehyung began to stroke his hair.

"And what about you?"

"Stayed the night without gettin' any sleep..."

These were his last words before Jungkook fell asleep, the sleepless night finally taking its toll on the younger boy.

'He stayed awake the whole night?'

The thought of a smiling Jungkook sitting next to him while holding his hand had Taehyung's heart beating faster. He bent down to press a soft kiss to the head of the cute bunny beneath him, eventually falling asleep aswell.

•••