𝐏𝐫𝗼𝐥𝗼𝐠𝐮𝐞

SHE WAS SEVENTEEN WHEN it happened. Sitting in the backseat with her little sister as the family sang along to Bon Jovi's song, Living on a Prayer. They were on their way home from the restaurant they had went to, celebrating Luna's birthday a day before like they did every year. Estella, Luna's thirteen-year-old sister, laughed a contagious laugh when the song was through.

Ariel Star looked at her two children in the backseat through the rear view mirror, smiling as Luna started to tickle Estella until the young blonde couldn't breathe. She swatted her older sibling's hands away and Luna laughed before giving her a hug. Estella hugged back.

"Happy Birthday, Lunar." Luna chuckled at the nickname before giving her sister a kiss on the top of the head.

"Thank you, Stella. Even though my birthday isn't for another two minutes."

"Two more minutes left of being seventeen. How does it feel?" Comet Star commented.

"I don't really know. But then again, I don't know how to feel about your name being Comet, so." The man chuckled as he shook his head.

"I hate the name just as much as you hate yours. Though, I don't understand why that is. I think Luna is a beautiful name."

"You named me after the moon." Luna deadpanned.

"Hey, I was just continuing the family tradition." The male shrugged his shoulders.

"I like my name. I think it's pretty." Estella smiled widely. Luna looked at her and shook her head. She then looked back up at the road and her eyes widened.

"Dad watch out!" Comet looked back at the road and quickly swerved around the oncoming car. Losing control of the steering wheel, the car went crashing through the bridge and then tumbling down the hill. The car stopped abruptly and Luna's head slammed hard against the window. Black dots surrounded her vision as she tried to look around. The last thing she saw before she lost consciousness was the green glow of the car clock that read 12:00.