𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:THE LIBRARY

CHAPTER FIVE:
THE LIBRARY

HER BLOOD WASN'T AS tolerable as Jasper had first thought. The next day, Jasper had found the blonde placed in the library, soft music flowing through her ears as she worked on a new drawing she had started the night before. So far she had only started on the crescent moon that was placed on the right side of the white paper. The shape had no bump in the line, it was the most perfect crescent moon Jasper had ever seen. Or, maybe it was just perfect because Luna was the one that was drawing it.

His eyes moved from the drawing when the scent filled his nose. Her blood, the scent of her blood filled his nose. It made him clench his jaw and retaliate with the sudden smell. He wondered why he hadn't smelled it on her first day at the school. She was sitting right beside him, but he couldn't smell anything besides the strawberry scent from her shampoo. Now, standing in the library, a few feet behind the girl, he could smell and hear the blood. Alice's words echoed through his head. "You won't hurt her, Jasper. Just remember that."

Jasper wanted to believe Alice, he so desperately did. But he was a monster, and he knew it. He knew that he didn't want her to grow attached, but he didn't know she didn't want him to become attached either. The latter was already broken. Jasper had only known the quiet blonde for a day and he already wanted to know every single thing about her that he could. He had so many questions that he so desperately wanted the answers to, but he couldn't. Not yet, at least.

He knew it was inevitable. She was his mate and he was drawn to her. No matter how hard he would try to stay away, he knew in the end it was going to happen. Whether it be just a friendship, or something more. He was hoping for just a friendship, but he knew if he had to spend a whole year around her that he was only going to fall deeper into the rabbit hole that he was already stumbling down. The way she bit her lip when she was concentrating, the way her smile lit up the entire room―︎though he had only seen her smile with her teeth once and that was when she had been talking to Bella―︎and caused a smile to form onto Jasper's own lips. Her voice was as smooth and soft as silk and he could listen to her talk all day. He wanted to listen to her talk all day. Her beauty was like a poison that was flowing through his veins, and he wanted more.

Realizing that he had been standing a staring, he decided to take a leap of faith and walk over to the table she was sitting at. He sat down in front of her and patiently waited for her to notice him. A hair removed itself from behind her ear, and Jasper wanted to tuck it back, but had to clench his fist to remain from doing so. When Luna removed the hair she glanced up and was surprised to see Jasper sitting there. She sat up and paused her music before taking her earphones out. She offered him a small smile that was curious as to why he was there.

"I realized that I never properly introduced myself yesterday." Jasper started. "I'm Jasper Hale." Luna smiled at the boy as she let out a soft chuckle.

"Luna Star." Luna answered. "It's nice to properly meet you, Jasper."

The way his name rolled from her tongue made Jasper hide his delighted smile. The way his name rolled off her tongue made shivers run down Luna's spine. She didn't understand why. She barely knew the boy, yet every time he was around her she always enjoyed his presence. She didn't want to enjoy it, but she couldn't help herself.

"A new drawing already? What happened to the rose?" Jasper asked, keeping his voice down so as to not get screamed at by the librarian. Luna looked down at her drawing, a small blush appearing on her face. She was surprised that he had noticed, or cared. She let a small smile cross her face as she shyly tucked a blonde strand behind her ear.

"I finished it." She answered. She flipped to the page where the pencil colored rose was displayed and showed it to the Hale boy. It was an amazingly good drawing that was so detailed in the most simplest ways.

"It's beautiful."

Luna blushed. "Thank you." She brought the sketch book back to her before she flipped back to the page where the crescent moon was laying.

"I'll be honest," Jasper started, grabbing the young Star's attention, "I have never seen such a perfectly drawn crescent moon. How do you have such a talent?"

"Years and years of practice." Luna answered, looking at the drawing with a soft smile. "I've been drawing since I was seven, it only progressed from there and it became this."

"You have an amazing skill." The Hale boy complimented.

"Thank you, Jasper." She softly said. Her green irises moved up to look into his golden ones. That was the mistake that they both made. Now, there was no turning back. This was the beginning of a rocky relationship. It felt like time had froze. There was no one else around them but each other. Luna's green eyes that were filled with joy and happiness had a much deeper emotion behind of them. An emotion that Jasper couldn't place his finger on. A war was going on inside, her emotions were fighting to take control over the happiness. Her emotions were trying to rip the joy away, and Jasper could see that.

Luna didn't know what to think. His eyes reminded her of a mixture of the sun and honey. They were harsh and were begging for her to look away before she couldn't see anymore, but they were also soft and were drawing Luna in like a bee to a flower. The two were snapped from their dazes when the bell rang. Luna immediately started to put her stuff away before she looked at the Hale boy once more.

"I'll see you in History." Luna softly said. She grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulder and heading toward her next class. As Luna entered the hallway, she knew that her plan to not make attachments had been thrown out the window.

 As Luna entered the hallway, she knew that her plan to not make attachments had been thrown out the window

1,096 words
Authors note: I really liked this chapter??

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH