𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:LA PUSH BEACH

CHAPTER TEN:
LA PUSH BEACH

"LUNA, IT WOULD BE better if we weren't friends." Luna looked at Jasper from her locker. The last bell of the day had rang and now Luna was at her locker, grabbing the necessary things she would need to take home for her homework. Now, Jasper Hale was standing beside of her locker, telling her that they shouldn't be friends. To say Luna's anxiety didn't go up a little would be understatement. She swallowed thickly as she closed her eyes, trying to control her rapid heartbeat. "Are you alright?"

Luna nodded her head. She let out a small laugh as she shook her head. She closed her locker and turned to face Jasper. "I really wish you would have told me that when we first met." He gave her a confused look as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before she started to fiddle with her ring. "I, uh, I have abandonment issues, so you saying this to me is making me sort of have a panic attack. But, don't worry about it. I'll be alright. If you really feel that way then I'm glad you told me now instead of later on into the future."

"I said it would be better, I didn't say we shouldn't be friends." Jasper stated. Seeing Luna in a panicked state made his nerves rise. He didn't like to see her like that.

"Are you sure? I need to know that you are absolutely positive that you want to be friends with me, cause I really don't like having panic attacks." Luna quickly rambled.

"I'm absolutely positive." He nodded his head. Luna couldn't help the small smile that broke out on her face. She nodded her head. Before she could say anything, Bella appeared.

"Ready?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec." She nodded her head. Luna watched Bella walk away before turning her head to look at Jasper. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jazz."

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled as she said his nickname. Luna sent him a small wave before turning and walking out of the school. She got into Bella's truck with a smile on her face.

"What's got you all smiley?" Bella asked as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"I successfully made a new friend today and almost had a panic attack because of it." Luna informed her.

"Well, look at you. All grown up." Bella joked.

"You know what, Bella? No one asked you." Luna dismissed. Bella let out a small laugh and Luna chuckled slightly in response.

✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎

The next day at Lunch, Luna and Bella walked up to their usual table―︎Luna actually eating in the cafeteria for once.

"La Push baby, you two in?" Eric asked them before they even had the chance to sit down. Luna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Should we know what that means?" Luna asked.