𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:BLACKBIRD

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
BLACKBIRD

ACCORDING TO VICTORIA, LUNA had the power to manipulate people's senses as well as others powers. Now she not only was dead, but she had special powers that she had no clue how to control. Luna was stressed. She would be going back to school on Monday, and she wasn't really sure what to do about it. There was going to be so many people, so much blood. It made Luna's throat run dry.

She was trying to hold back on using the blood bags Vitoria had given her, and so far she was doing good―︎only having drank one of them. The black cooler was placed against the back wall under her bed, blending in with the shadows and staying away from human eyes. Luna sat against her window, her head leaning on the glass as a pencil flickered between her fingers. Her sketchbook was lying in her lap, but she couldn't find it in herself to draw. Jasper had ruined that pleasure for her.

So, she did the next best thing that she had yet showed to the Hale boy, and hopefully she would never show him. She walked over to her closet, opening it and maneuvering pasts all of the abandoned boxes until she found what she was looking for. She let a small smile grace her face as her fingers trailed over the guitar case. Something else a lot of people didn't know about Luna was that she could play both the piano and the guitar and she could sing, her whole family could. Luna stood up, closing the closet door and carrying the guitar over to her bed. She opened the case and pulled out the custom-made guitar. It was an ocean blue guitar with stars dancing all over the blue paint. Luna's name was swirled at the bottom with silver, a heart placed beside her name. The blonde smiled.

Luna picked up the guitar and walked back over to her window seat, sitting down and strumming her fingers gently against the strings. She smiled when the familiar vibrations filled her hands, the same prints marking into the tips of her fingers as she just carelessly strummed the guitar to one of her favorite tunes. The Beatles had always been one of her favorite bands, even though they came out in the sixties. They had a song for every mood Luna ever had, but the soft song of Blackbird was one of her favorites, especially since she was able to strum it on her guitar.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life you were only waiting for this moment to arise. Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and-" Luna stopped when her door opened. She was surprised to see Bella standing there, a gentle smile covering her features. Luna held her breath, trying not to show how truly tense she was in front of the girl. "Hey, Bella."

"Can I come in?" Bella asked. Luna sat her guitar against the wall and nodded her head, motioning a hand towards the bed as she swallowed thickly. Luna tucked her feet underneath her legs as she watched Bella sit down. Luna interlaced her fingers, sitting them in her lap and looking down at them as she patiently waited for Bella to speak. It was an uncomfortable silence, one the two girls had never experienced with one another. Bella glanced at her blonde friend who was avoiding all contact with her.

"Luna, what happened when you were gone?" Bella carefully asked.

"I think the real question is, what didn't happen." Luna mumbled. Bella let out a soft sigh. She knew that she had hurt Luna's feelings for all of those months of ignoring her and sulking, but Luna had been doing it too.

"Luna, I'm sorry for the past couple of months. But you were in the same state as I was and-"

"No I wasn't. We experienced loss differently, Bella. You sulked. I screamed in terror. You cried. I couldn't feel anything. You slept with nightmares. I didn't sleep at all. You just stared out of your window. I sobbed over voicemail. I called him every goddamn day, Bella. You don't get to say I was in the same state as you, because I sure as hell was not!" Luna stood up, so that she was in front of Bella, Bella quickly standing off of the bed. "I had to deal with my birthday all by myself because you wouldn't leave your room for two fucking seconds to show that you gave a damn about me! So, no, Bella, we were not in the same state. You were depressed. I was suicidal. So don't tell me we were in the same state, because last I checked I left my room for two months to go back home to see my family's graves! You sat in your own puddle of tears and ignored Charlie who, might I add, just got you back!

"You want to know the sad thing, Bella? You still have hope that they're going to come back. They aren't. And I sure as hell hope they don't. I hope they live in whatever state they're in for the rest of their immortal lives! If they come back, then I go back to Phoenix. Now please, get out." Luna pointed towards her door, her jaw clenched as her green contacted eyes watched Bella intensely. Bella was speechless. Luna had never yelled at her before, much less said such cruel words to her. That wasn't who Luna was. Bella nodded her head before leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

Something happened to Luna in Phoenix, and there was a reason why she had stayed in Phoenix for an extra month. And now, Bella was determined to find out what that was.

 And now, Bella was determined to find out what that was

983 words

Authors note: My heart ACHES for Luna. Honestly.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH