𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:THE TRUTH

CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE TRUTH

THAT NIGHT, BELLA EXPLAINED to Luna about how Waylon, one of Charlie's friends, had died due to an animal attack. Bella sat in Luna's room with a sigh while Luna flipped through the book she had bought at the store. Luna had explained to Bella what had really happened and why Jasper was there. Now, the two girls were sitting on Luna's bed, doing more research.

Luna, who was actually reading the book word for word, stopped when she came across a picture. It was a white mask with dark eyes and razor sharp teeth. Luna quickly grabbed Bella's attention, and the two girls read the small words that was placed under the photo.

"The Cold One." Luna read. Bella turned towards her laptop and quickly typed in the words. Bella clicked on an article and the girls started to read. The words that stood out to both Bella and Luna was: Cold skinned, speed, strength, immortal, and blood drinker. The two girls looked at the laptop, their mouths slightly agape.

"It can't be possible." Bella mumbled.

"I guess we have to face them both tomorrow, don't we?" Luna asked, not tearing her eyes away from the screen. Bella nodded her head in response. "Well, tomorrow's going to be very eventful."

✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎

Luna sat on the top of the tail on Bella's truck, swinging her legs back and forth as she focused on her drawing. That morning, Bella had talked to Edward, but Luna had yet to talk to Jasper. Glad that she had a free period, Luna decided to spend her time alone outside so that she could collect her thoughts. At the sound of nearing footsteps, she let out a sigh. She looked up at Jasper with a knowing glint in her eye.

"Do you want to talk here or pull an Edward and Bella and talk in the woods?" Luna asked, determined to get all of the answers. She closed her sketchbook and looked at Jasper, patiently waiting for him to answer. Jasper didn't say anything as he started towards the woods, Luna following after him. When the Hale boy decided they were deep enough, he stopped and waited for Luna to catch up.

He didn't look at her as she spoke. "From what I've seen of Edward you're impossibly fast, and strong. You have pale-white skin, that is ice-cold. Your eyes change from gold to black. And you speak like you're from a different time. You never eat, or drink, or come out when there's sunlight. And Edward said no to going with Bella to La Push because of the treaty." Luna moved so that she was in front of Jasper. She looked up into his eyes, gold meeting jade. "How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"How old have you been nineteen?" Luna softly asked, refusing to break eye contact.

"For a very long time." He answered.

"I did my research, I know what the Cold Ones are. What you are." Luna told him.

"Say it." Jasper told her, taking a step closer so that their faces were inches apart. "Out loud. Say it."