𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

SHE WAS HALF WAY to Seattle when she realized how stupid of an idea this was. Luna knew that Victoria was behind this, and she knew Victoria was going to lie to her about it. But Luna also knew that Victoria wanted her to be on her side. And she was going to make her believe that she was, or at least that was her plan―︎not knowing that she was just going to piss the redhead off. Her phone had been going off for the past ten minutes. A call from Bella, another from Edward, even one from Rosalie. But Jasper had called her several times. She knew he was worried about her, but she also knew that he needed to trust her.

Getting tired of her ringtone, Luna finally picked up the phone and answered Jasper's call. Jasper was angry, and worried, and upset that Luna hadn't told him where she was going. And she was preparing herself for the words that were about to flow from his mouth.

"Where are you?" Jasper demanded. Luna rolled her eyes.

"Jasper, I need you to trust me."

"Where are you, Luna?" He asked again.

"I'm on my way to Seattle." She finally answered with a sigh.

"Turn around and come back. It is too dangerous for you to be there by yourself, Luna."

"Jasper, I need you to trust that I know what I'm doing." Luna calmly stated.

"How can I trust to know what you're doing when I don't even know what the hell it is that you are doing?" Jasper asked, getting more irritated and worried by the minute.

"I need to know if she's behind this."

"You're not serious are you?" Jasper asked. Luna didn't respond. "No. Absolutely not. I thought you were done with her?"

"I am done with her. I just need to know the truth, Jasper."

"You already know the truth."

"I need her to say it." Luna defended. "Look, I'll be back by early tomorrow morning. Jasper, I will be fine alright? You don't need to worry."

"How am I supposed to not worry when I know you're going into a city full of newborns that are sure to kill you if they find you. Please, explain that to me."

"Let's just call this even for you not explaining to me why you left." Luna bluntly stated. Before he could say anything else, Luna hung up the phone. Luna wasn't fully over the whole leaving thing. In fact, she was still scared that he was going to up and leave her all over again. But, she forced herself to push aside her issues and trust him. And he needed to trust her just the same. Luna was sure that she wouldn't get over them leaving for a very long time, and that she would probably hold it against them all as well whenever she needed or wanted to do something without telling them. Maybe she was being petty. But at the moment, she didn't care. She just needed to know the whole truth and nothing but it.