𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:THE NEWBORNS

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:
THE NEWBORNS

TOMORROW WAS THE DAY the fight was going to happen. Bella, Edward, and Jacob were currently at their campsite away from the fight whilst the rest of the Cullen's were in the home, preparing themselves for the battle. Luna was drawing. It helped with her anxiousness. She was sitting on the couch, her hair hanging over her face as she focused on drawing the one thing that always seemed to calm her down: a rose.

She was quiet. She hadn't said a word all night. Her hand would occasionally go up to her necklace to show her anxiety before she had to force her hand away so that she could hold her sketchbook still. Luna was in the room alone. She shouldn't be alone, not at a time like this. Whenever Luna was alone she would overthink so many things, think of the worst possible outcomes.

Rosalie walked into the room, looking at the girl with slight concern. She noticed the rose that was on her paper causing the blonde to smile. She sat down beside of Luna, grabbing her attention.

"Are you alright?" Rosalie gently asked, placing a reassuring hand on Luna's shoulder. Luna nodded her head.

"Yeah, just anxious about tomorrow." Luna softly answered.

"We all are." Rosalie told her. "But, we have nothing to worry about. The wolves will be with us and with them on our side we'll easily win."

"How can you be so sure?" Luna gently asked, turning her head so that she was looking at the blonde. Rosalie sent her a small smile.

"We've never lost a fight. We're not going to lose one now." Rosalie simply told her. Luna let the smallest of smiles cross her face.

"Thanks, Rosie."

"Anytime, Luna." Rosalie gave her a gentle smile as well as another reassuring squeeze on her shoulder. She stood up, and left Luna to her drawing.

✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎

They all stood in line, waiting for the newborns to approach them. Jasper glanced at Luna, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. Luna sent him the best smile that she could before her attention was dragged back in front of her when the sound of the newborns running towards them grabbed her attention.

Once the newborns revealed themselves, the Cullen's all charged towards them. Luna slid under the oncoming punch of a new born, quickly standing and spinning, taking the chance to rip his head off. Luna turned and ran towards a newborn, she slung her arm hard at his throat, sending him to the ground as she tore his head from his body.

Soon, the wolves joined them. Luna quickly swept her foot underneath the next oncoming newborn, sending him flying to the ground as she spun around just in time to dodge and oncoming attack from another newborn―︎this one being a woman. Luna quickly kicked her in the gut, send her flying away straight into a wolf who quickly tore her head off. She jumped over the next newborn, landing on his back and tearing his head off.