𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:A BAD IDEA

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:
A BAD IDEA

WHILST BELLA WAS AT the rez, listening to the Quileute legends, Luna was at home strumming her guitar aimlessly to a gentle tune. Her voice softly hummed along with the guitar as the time passed by. She hadn't even noticed when Jasper had slid his way through her window, sitting on her window seat and just watching and listening to his lover do something she enjoyed. Finally, when she strummed the last note, she took the time to look up and send Jasper a surprised look.

She immediately sat her guitar to the side as she tucked a strand of blonde hair nervously behind her ear. "I, uh, I didn't hear you come in."

Jasper smiled at her before he stood up and walked over toward her. He sat down in front of her with a smirk on his face as he took in her nervous habits. He grabbed the hand that was messing with her ring and sent her a soft smile. "I didn't know you could play."

"Yeah, we were a musical family. I can play both the guitar and the piano, my mother can play the harp, and my father can play the drums and bass. My sister never found interest in learning instruments." Luna explained.

"Can you all sing too?"

"You heard that?" Luna asked, sure that if she still could she would be madly blushing.

"You have a beautiful voice, darlin'." Jasper assured her, cupping her face in his hands. Luna leaned into his touch as a small smile fell on her face. Jasper gave her a kiss on the top of the head before he looked at her. "Would you care to join me on a walk through the town?"

Jasper stood up, holding out a hand for her. Luna smiled up at him before placing her hand into his. "I would love nothing more."

✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎

After the couple walked around for about an hour―︎taking another thirty minutes to just look up at the stars and play connect-the-dots―︎they decided to ride over to the Cullen household. They had arrived just in time to watch what was happening in Seattle. They believed that it was a gang that was going around on a killing spree, but Luna knew better than that.

Luna's jaw was clenched and she held a fist up to her mouth, her arm crossing over her chest so that her elbow could rest on it. She glared at the TV, a thousand thoughts running through her mind but only one popping up over and over again. As soon as Edward walked in with Bella in tow, all thoughts ceased from Luna's head as she didn't want the vampire to hear her obnoxiously loud thoughts.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous." Jasper explained to the group of vampires as Carlisle turned the TV off.

"It's newborns." Edward mumbled.

"What? Like new vampires?"

"The first few months after the change." Edward started.