𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR:A NOMAD PASSING THROUGH

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR:
A NOMAD PASSING THROUGH

LUNA SAT ON THE arm of the couch as she watched the TV with Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Alice. After Rosalie and Alice absolutely gushed over the ring that Luna now wore on her left hand, they were all watching what was happening on the television screen. Edward had called, explaining to Jasper how there had been a stranger in Bella's room to which both Jasper and Emmett had left to go track the persons scent.

Edward and Bella entered the home and immediately Luna stood up and walked over to Bella with concern in her eyes as Carlisle cut off the television. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good." Bella nodded. Bella then caught sight of the new ring on Luna's hand and rose an eyebrow at her before giving her a 'you-better-explain-later' look. Luna smiled before nodding her head. Luna walked back over to her recent spot and sat back down.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked, standing up from the couch. Bella sat down beside of Luna as Alice sat beside of Bella.

"It's a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent." Edward shook his head, glancing at Bella before looking back at his adoptive father.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

Rosalie shook her head. "A passer by wouldn't have left Bella's father alive."

Jasper and Emmett then entered the room. "Scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house."

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle stated.

"Victoria?" Bella asked, sparing Luna a glance when the vampire's entire body tensed at the mention of the redhead. Jasper glanced down at her before opting to wrap his arms loosely around Luna's neck in reassurance.

"I would have seen her decide." Alice said, shaking her head.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward stated.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either." Alice denied.

"So, we keep looking." Emmett suggested.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle informed them.

"Another protection detail." Rosalie snarled.

"Rose." Carlisle chastised.

"No, she's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella pointed out.

"And for Victoria." Rosalie muttered.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella continued.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless."

"Edward, we live in the same house, she's not going to be unprotected." Luna told him.

"You still have to feed." Bella told the Star girl.