𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:BIRTHDAY PARTY

BIRTHDAY PARTY

"I DON'T GET IT, why does Rosalie hate me so much. She absolutely adores you." Bella grumbled. The two friends were currently on their way towards the Cullen household. Bella was wearing the green dress Alice had given her whilst Luna wore black leggings and a silky long-sleeved red shirt.

"Maybe because you want to throw your life away to be changed unlike me, who actually wants to live my life before I think about doing such a thing." Luna explained, glancing from the road to look at her friend before going back to the road in front of her.

"You know why I want that, don't you?" Bella asked. Luna sighed.

"Bells, I know you want to be with him from now until forever, but you can't just throw your life away like that. It's irrational." Luna defended.

"Don't give me the speech, Luna."

"Look, Isabella, I'm just saying your decisions are stupid. And I'm not going to stand by them, not this time. If you were older, then sure, go right ahead. But you are just going to toss your perfect life out of the damn window like it means nothing. If you had a life like mine, then I would understand. But you don't, Bella. You have a life that so many people would yearn for. But you want to be selfish and throw it away." Luna's fist had tightened around the steering wheel, her knuckles turning white. They pulled up at the Cullen home and Bella let out an annoyed sigh.

"Why can't you just stick by my side?" Bella asked.

"Because, I don't stick by something that I don't believe in." Luna told her, cutting off the car.

"Luna-"

"End of conversation." Luna stated before getting out of the truck and closing the door, cutting Bella off from saying anything else. Luna walked up to the door, knocking briefly before allowing herself in―︎knocking only so they knew the girls were about to enter. Bella followed after Luna, closing the door behind her and turning in time to see Edward making his way down the steps. Luna left the couple in search for Jasper, giving herself a longer house tour along the way. When Luna found him sitting in his room, a book in his hands, she smiled.

"Hello, my love." She smiled. He closed his book and stood up, meeting Luna halfway. Immediately he wrapped his arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around the back of his neck. He gave her a quick kiss, a smirk on his face.

"Hello, darlin'."

"You know, I've decided you can't use that pet name on me." Luna told him, causing his smirk to grow.

"Too bad."

"Rude." Luna huffed, letting her mouth fall into a pout. Jasper chuckled before giving her another kiss, this one lasting longer than the last.