𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY:VALEDICTORIAN SPEECH

CHAPTER FORTY:
VALEDICTORIAN SPEECH

"'MY FELLOW STUDENTS, RIGHT?'" Mike started, reading off the beginning of a speech to help Jessica write for her Valedictorian speech. Luna's face scrunched up in distaste at the words.

"Yeah." Eric nodded.

"Right? 'We are the future, anything is possible if you just believe'." Mike continued.

"Nice." Angela muttered.

"Blah, blah, blah. Perfect, there you go, I just wrote your speech." Mike smiled at the girl from across the table as he handed her the sheet of paper back. Jessica crumpled it up and threw it at his face.

"No, this will be my speech when I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So, thank you."

Luna smirked with amusement at the two, sharing a look with Bella from the other side of the table, Edward sitting beside her.

"We are the bread and butter of all valedictorians." Eric spoke up.

"Hence why you aren't valedictorian." Luna shot back with an amused smile, earning chuckles from the other teenagers at the table.

"It just doesn't need clichés. The speech is gonna be epic." Bella encouraged.

"Epic? It's going to change lives." Jessica smiled brightly. Suddenly, Alice and Jasper sit down at the table beside of Luna. Jasper sitting beside of her as Alice sat beside of him. He offered his hand to her underneath the table and she couldn't help the small smile that fell onto her face as she interlaced her fingers with his. She missed this. And she was glad to have it back.

"I've decided to throw a party." Alice stated. Luna immediately tensed at the news. Jasper gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school." Jasper tells them. Edward gives him an amused smirk at the inside joke.

"A party, at your place?" Angela asked.

"I've never seen your house." Jessica stated.

"No one's ever seen their house." Eric told the Stanley girl.

"Another party, Alice?" Edward asked.

"It'll be fun." Alice defended.

"That's what you said last time." Both Luna and Bella said in unison. Jessica cocked an eyebrow at the two girls who were smiling with amusement at one another. Luna turned her head slightly when Alice sat back, her eyes glazing over. Luna shared a look with Jasper before looking back towards the friend group.

"Anyways, back to the whole speech thing." Luna said, distracting the group from Alice's far away expression. "Don't repeat any of the words Mike said,  because I will have to be forced to take a moment of your spotlight to punch him in the face."