𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:VOTING

VOTING

"HEY, LUNA, JAKE, WHERE'S Bella?" Charlie asked as he entered the home. The two teenagers were sitting on the couch, watching a scary movie together seeing as neither had anything better to do.

"Italy." They both answered with monotone, not looking away from the screen.

"Italy? What do you mean Italy? Why is she in Italy?" Charlie asked as he looked at the two that had yet to look away from the TV screen.

"Edward." They once again answered in monotone.

"Well, if she comes back, tell her she's grounded for the rest of her life. That boy is going to be the death of her." Charlie muttered under his breath before walking to his room. The two continued to sit there, watching the movie, letting out laughs occasionally when one of the characters did cliché horror movie things. When the credits rolled, Luna let out a soft sigh.

"You should probably go home, I don't want to keep you away any longer." Luna told him. The boy stretched before Luna followed his lead. Luna walked him to the door, leaning against the wood once it was opened. "Thank you, Jake. For staying. I appreciate it more than you could ever know."

Jake turned to face the blonde, giving her a gentle smile. "Any time, Luna." The two exchanged hugs before Luna watched him leave. She closed the front door and leaned her against it for a moment as she closed her eyes tightly. She hoped Bella was okay, because Luna was going to kill a certain suicidal vampire if she wasn't.

✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎✦︎

Luna stayed up, no longer being able to sleep. She had found herself drawing again, but only to release her rage. It was helping her to de-stress. The sun was starting to slowly crawl up the sky, shoving the moon and stars out of the way. Luna hadn't even realized what she had been drawing until it was finished. It was a heart that held many broken pieces, some of the pieces lying on the floor underneath the heart.

It explained exactly how Luna was feeling. She felt betrayed. Angry. Broken. She knew better than to let someone else in yet she did it anyways. She was too trustworthy. She was too caring. She was too selfless. Luna didn't know how to share her true feelings, unless she was angry like she was with Jasper. There was only a few more months left of school, and then Luna would be able to graduate. Luna would be able to leave Forks for good. She would be able to leave the place that left her in ruins.

She could hear Charlie start to wake up and get ready for work. Soon, Luna would have the house to herself seeing as Bella had yet to come back. Charlie, thinking Luna was asleep, silently left the house allowing Luna to breathe once again. Luna's phone started to ring and she let out a frustrated groan. Jasper had tried to call her, but she kept ignoring him. She picked up the phone, ready to answer it in anger until she noticed the caller ID. She softly smiled before answering.