𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:THE ACCIDENT

CHAPTER EIGHT:
THE ACCIDENT

LUNA LEANED AGAINST THE back of the truck as she patiently waited for Bella. A book called, Uglies placed in her hands. Bella saw her friend from across the parking lot with a small smile. Feeling eyes on her, Luna looked up to see not only Bella, but Jasper looking at her too. She sent both of them a small smile before closing her book. She turned, placing the book in her bag, freezing only when the sound of screeching tires headed toward her.

It was like the world stopped. Tyler's van came toward her at an alarming rate, but she couldn't move. Her anxiety was picking up and flashes of the car wreck with her family flashed across her eyes. Bella's eyes were wide as she watched the scene. Luna was frozen in place. The van was about to hit her, but she couldn't even look away. She was frozen in a memory and there was nothing she could do about it. And then, the screeching came to an abrupt stop with the sound of metal bending.

Luna blinked slowly, surprised to see Edward standing there with his hand placed against the dent that was now placed in the van. He looked over to Luna, catching her eyes before quickly running away. Just as Bella appeared, Luna's vision turned black.

✦︎✦✦✦✦

The wreck played over and over in her head. Her cries for her parents and little sister echoed through her mind. She couldn't escape the nightmare that happened three months ago, almost four. She could hear the faints sound of a rapid beeping. Her heart monitor was beeping quickly, much faster than the normal rate. And then she heard it. The unfamiliar male voice that was talking to her, asking over and over again if she could hear him. She could, but she didn't know how to respond. And then, her eyes opened.

She let out a groan before trying to sit up. Her vision was blurry, so she had to take a moment and blink away the dizziness that rested in her eyes. She looked around, noticing she was in a hospital before her eyes landed on the doctor that was placed in front of her. She took a moment to look at him, noticing that he looked like a god, holding the perfections and the same golden eyes that Jasper―︎as well as the other Cullen's―︎did.

"Luna? Luna, oh god, are you alright?" The sound of Bella's voice filled her ears causing her to turn and look at her best friend. She was utterly confused.

"I'm fine. What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Bella asked. Luna shook her head.

"All I remember is standing beside of your truck, and then. . . " Why couldn't she remember anything? "That's it. That's all I remember." She furrowed her eyebrows and looked over at the doctor.

"Luna, I'm Dr. Cullen."

When he introduced himself, Luna's eyes flashed with remembrance. She had witnessed Edward stop the van with his hand. She wondered if he was alright.