𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:AIRPLANE RIDES

CHAPTER ONE:
AIRPLANE RIDES

LUNA STAR WATCHED AS the clouds slowly ran by her windows. She was on a plane, making her way to a town in Washington that was placed somewhere near Forks. The incident had happened three months ago. It was now March. Luna had been eighteen for three months. But she didn't want to be. She wanted to be dead. It was her fault that her family was dead. If she had convinced them to wait to celebrate her birthday, they would still be alive. How come she was allowed to live, but they had to die? Why did the world take away her sister that hadn't even truly lived her life yet?

Luna would be staying with her aunt now. But, she gave up on trying to care for Luna. The young Star was stubborn and Luna reminded her too much of Ariel. It hurt August Masters, Ariel Star's older sister, way too much. Luna hated being a burden. So, when August finally forced her to leave, Luna decided that she wasn't going to go anywhere that her family was. She had called up an old childhood friend of hers, asking if she could stay for awhile. Bella Swan had quickly asked her father who had heard about the incident with the Star family, immediately saying yes to letting the young teenager stay.

Now, she was sitting in an airplane, playing with the hems of her sleeves.  She was going to have to be on an airplane with a bunch of strangers for three hours. She was wildly uncomfortable. The only thing that was calming her down was the soft music that fell from her earphones. Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day was the song that was keeping her from jumping out of the airplane window. She only had thirty minutes to go before she landed. Until then, she was keeping her gaze on the window, ignoring everyone and everything.

Her thoughts kept going back to that night. She kept thinking that maybe if she wasn't born in the dreadful month of December, that none of this would have happened. Maybe if she was a summer baby, or a spring baby. She was glad that Bella lived in a small town, even though she had just moved there herself a week prior. She had promised Luna that she would wait until she had arrived before she started school so that they could be new together.

Although Bella hated the attention, she knew that Luna hated it more. After everything Luna had been through the past three months, Bella would much rather the attention be on her than on her best friend who was bound to break at any given moment. A relieved smile fell on the blonde's lips when she noticed the ground slowly starting to grow closer and closer. Soon enough, the plane landed.

Luna made sure to be the last one off, not wanting to be near all of the people that she shared no interest with. She got off the plane and waited patiently for her suitcase to come around, it being the only source full of her things until her stuff came down from Phoenix. She grabbed the light blue case that held her name and then looked around the airport until she found a head of familiar brown hair.

Her jade eyes found Bella's dark ones and she quickly made her way over to her friend. The two quickly embraced one another.

"I've missed you Bells." Luna softly said. Bella smiled at the blonde.

"I've missed you too, Moony." Luna chuckled at the nickname Bella had made for her when she found out what Luna's name stood for. The two pulled away and Bella sent her a soft smile. "Like I promised, I convinced Charlie to let me stay out for another week so that we could start together."

"What if they don't like me, Bella? What if someone finds out about-"

"Hey. We will cross that bridge if we get to it, alright? Let's forget about that and I'll give you a tour of the town." Bella said.

"I have to ride in a car?" Luna warily asked, dragging her suitcase along with her.

"A truck." Bella corrected. "And I will go however fast you want me to go, got it? I won't let anything happen to you. Besides, not a lot of wrecks happen in Forks. Actually, nothing really happens in Forks, so you'll be fine."

"Promise?"

Bella held out her pinky, locking it with Luna's and then kissing her own hand. "Promise." Luna kissed her hand, sealing the promise and quickly following after Bella. She was brought to a truck with a rusty orange color as it's paint job. Luna cocked an eyebrow at it and Bella let out a sigh.

"I know, it needs a new paint job." Bella grumbled. Luna sent her a sly smile as she placed her luggage in the bed of the truck. She walked to the passengers side of the truck, her hand hovering over the handle. She slowly opened the door, wincing at the loud creak it made. She climbed into the truck and closed the door. She quickly buckled her seat belt and closed her eyes, letting out a deep breath.

"Ready?" Bella asked. Luna looked at her and nodded her head. Bella started the truck and made her way toward Forks. Luna's jaw was clenched and her hand was held tightly around her seat belt. Bella glanced at Luna and held out her hand. Luna looked down at it before grabbing it with her own, loosening her death grip so as to not break Bella's hand.

"Music?" Bella asked, glancing at the girl. Luna nodded her head. She leaned over, turning on the radio. Soft pop music played through the speaker, Luna smiled fondly at the sound of NSYNC coming through the speakers. Bella smiled at her friend when she noticed the small smile on Luna's face. It was a rare sight to see. Luna smiling and feeling comfortable in a car. She needed the distraction, and Bella could see that.

1,019 wordsAuthors note: Finally! The first chapter of Damaged Goods is up! Thanl you to the lovely -voidalexis for making the gifs as well as the cover!

1,019 words
Authors note: Finally! The first chapter of Damaged Goods is up! Thanl you to the lovely -voidalexis for making the gifs as well as the cover!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH