𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:I PROMISE

CHAPTER TWENTY:
I PROMISE

"MAMA?" SIX-YEAR-OLD Luna Star called, looking around at the room that she was placed in. It was unfamiliar to her, and it brought nothing but a wave of nerves and fear. She stood up slowly off the bed, looking at the art easel that was placed in the corner of the room as well as the delicate flowers that were painted all around the lavender walls. Her blonde hair was in two french braids, something her mother had done for her when she had first woke up the morning prior. Luna swallowed thickly, her hand grabbing hold of the golden doorknob before pulling open the bedroom door. She stepped out of the bedroom, looking around the unfamiliar hallway.

"Stell?" Luna called, expecting to here a baby's cry. Estella was always crying. But the house was deadly silent. Luna walked over to the staircase before walking down them, carefully trying not to let her presence known. She was scared. She didn't like being inside of places she didn't know. The front door opened and entered a man, carrying a brown paper bag in his hands. The man looked at the little girl, a smile on his face as he quickly closed the door, locking all three locks. Luna started to slowly make her way back up the steps, trying to get away from the vaguely familiar man.

His dark hair was spiked, his tan skinned shined in the light and his smile was anything but welcoming to Luna. Tears surfaced in her green eyes. The man put a hand out, showing the girl he wasn't going to hurt her.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Where's my mommy and daddy?" Luna cried, tripping over the top step causing her to fall flat on the ground with her hands holding her upwards. She scrambled backwards as the man continued towards her. His face hardened at the thought of her parents.

"Mommy and daddy aren't here. They shouldn't have left you alone at the park, Lulu."

"Please. Leave me alone. I don't know who you are." Luna cried, scurrying backwards until her back landed against the wall. She forced herself up before going to make a run for it. The man grabbed tightly onto her arm causing her to scream out.

"Don't make me hurt you, I really don't want to hurt you." The man's voice was dangerous.

"MOMMY!" Luna cried out, as tears strolled down her pale cheeks.

Luna let out a groan. The feeling of a sticky substance running down her neck grabbing her attention. Luna took in her unfamiliar surroundings, tape covered her mouth which instantly made her roll her eyes. She ripped the tape off, wincing at the sting it caused afterwards. She pulled herself up and opened up what seemed to be a closet door. When she walked out, there was a room full of mirrors. Luna did a three-sixty, letting out a sigh when she realized she was alone. Until she wasn't.

"You're not so good at the whole kidnapping thing, are you?" She asked, masking the slight amount of fear that she felt. Not for herself, but for Bella. James smirked viciously at her before he sped towards her, slamming her into one of the mirrors causing it to shatter. His hand latched around her throat as he looked into her eyes.