✨16

Friday morning, just before fp1

Nicholas walked through the paddock, smiling underneath his mask. He was very excited to get in the car again and is even more excited that this is his first ever grand-prix weekend. Esteban decided to walk with Nicholas as he was waiting for his team to call him into the car.

"Man, after such a long wait we can finally go again" Esteban said with a smile. "I know, and you had to wait even longer" Nicholas said with a soft laugh. The Frenchman shrugs and smiles at the Williams driver. "I'm just happy to be back" he says while Nicholas gives him a soft pat on the shoulder.

On the other side of the paddock, Sebastian was frustratingly running his fingers through his short curls. He just had an interview and it all was a little too much. Luckily everyone now realizes the way Ferrari treated the German wasn't quite okay, but Seb was still not in the best mood.

His head shot up as he heard someone trying to grab his attention by couching lightly. Lewis stood there with a gentle smile. Seb obviously couldn't see it but he saw the smile in his eyes. Sebastian smiled softly at the Brit before returning back to his phone.

"Hey, don't stress so much. You did good in the interviews and you had all right to tell the truth" Lewis said softly, not wanting everyone to overhear there conversation. "I know, it's just.. scheiße" Lewis laughed at Seb, making Sebastian chuckle lightly.

Their little moment got interrupted by Seb's teammate. He smiled at the two before looking Sebastian in the eyes. "Come Seb, we have to get ready for practice" Charles said. Seb nods. "Alright, give me a moment" Charles turned around and walked to the garage. "Thanks for cheering me up a little" Seb said to Lewis. "No problem, really" He said back, both smiling at each other before Sebastian quickly returned to the garage.

The next day, Qualification day 8AM

Antonio walked into the room where most of the drivers were already setteld down on their seats. He greeted them all before sitting down in between Carlos and Pierre, opposite from Valterri bottas. His attention got drawn to Max who was frustratingly sitting in front of Sergio, Daniel sitting next to him.

"But how can that car get so damn fast" he said, slightly chuckling tho. "Well if you get the championship winning car from last year.." Carlos said, also a bit frustrated about the fact that the 'Pink Mercedes' was so fast yesterday. "Hey guys, let's just not get angry at each other and have a nice breakfast" Kimi suddenly said out of nowhere. They all looked around and then began eating silently. But after a few moments, jokes were flying around already by Daniel and Lando.

After Q2

"What is wrong with our car? Charles was just in q3!" Sebastian said to his engineer. "We don't know at the moment Sebastian, we'll get rid of the problem if we know what the problem is" his engineer said, also annoyed by the fact that their first qualification of the year was a total dissaster.

The German walked off to his drivers room, groaning in frustration. What happened? How comes our car is 1 sec slower then last year?! Seb thinks. He sits down on the small couch and watches q2 back. "Are we safe? You are p10, p10. That's crazy" Seb heard over Charles' board radio. "Crazy indeed" Sebastian mumbled with a sigh.

After Q3

Mercedes teamboss Toto Wolff was smiling at the screen and clapping his hands. 1-2 qualifying for his team, amazing. It was good to hold RedBull behind them. The midfield was crazy, just like what happened to Ferrari. It was actually one very crazy day. George nearly reached Q2 (I'm actually so damn proud of him and Willams), one Ferrari didn't make it to Q3, A Mclaren stars on P4.. it's crazy.

Meanwhile in the Mclaren garage, a lot of smiles could be seen. It was their best Qualifying result and oh it was a party in the garage. Lando feels so happy. Not by the fact that this is his best qualifying position, but also how happy his team is. A bit later, Lando was looking for his teammate. He saw how he ended up on p8

When Lando walks off to his driver room, he hears low mumbles coming from the other side of the motorhome. Lando went closer to the door and listenef carefully.

"Arghh mierda! Why didn't I just hit the apex on turn 3! It was so easy!" Was what Lando could hear. His face dropped slightly as he heard the Spanish accent. Lando felt bad for his teammate. Normally Carlos was the one making him happy if Lando had a bad result, but he had to take that role now. Lando softly knocked on the door. "Leave me alone" Carlos said from the other end of the door. "Please Carlos, Is everything okay?"

When the door finally opens, Carlos has a smile on his face. But Lando knows it is a fake one. He just knows when Carlos feels sad in general. Once Carlos realizes that his fake smile didn't really work, his shoulders dropped and the smile faded.

They both stayed silent, so Lando just wrapped his arms around the older one's chest and hugged him tightly, which got returned by the Spaniard. "Tomorrow is for the points" Lando mumbled into Carlos his chest while Carlos nods. "I know, I just feel bad. I should be happy for you and for the team and not sit here crying." Lando gave him a sweet smile before answering.

"Carlos, I understand what you feel and I'm absolutely not angry or something like that on you. You gave it your best and I'm proud" "I'm proud of you aswell cariño, thanks for cheering me up a bit" Carlos says back while he pulls the smaller boy closer. "Come on, let's get dinner with the rest of the boys." Lando says as he pulls away slightly from Carlos' embrace "Bet it's gonna be spicy" Carlos says with a laugh. "Just as spicy as you, chilli" Lando laughs aswell as they walk out of Carlos' drivers room, on their way to the hotel.