✨45

Bit of a short chapter for my fellow countryman Maxy Verstappyyy!! Hope you'll enjoy 🧡

Max streched his arms when he woke up after a good, long sleep. He actually just woke up like he does every single day, until he remembers it's a very special day. Well, he thinks it's special atleast. You don't turn 23 every day, right? Of course Max had celebrated his birthday every year, just.. different.

When he was younger, they usually held a party with family and some friends. Although, it was less celebrated year by the year. His racing career being more important instead of some birthday. That's what certain people told him. When Max started to live on his own, he didn't celebrate it much either. The paddock being the place where his birthday was actually noticed.

Max didn't mind, birthdays didn't matter anyways. He sighs deeply and drops his shoulders. He yawned before he got out of his bed and put on a warm hoodie and sweatpants. It was starting to get rainy and cold outside, and even with all the radiators in the house, it was extremely cold outside. Even for someone who lived in the Netherlands for most of their live. (You'll get me, Dutchies)

Max knew he was pretty late for breakfast, so most of the drivers were away probably. Yet it was so silent in the whole house, even Enrico wasn't barking for another round of food. Max shrugged it off and thought all of them were either still asleep or out of the house. Max looked down at the floor, his hands burried in the pockets of his hoodie, when he entered the living room. He put on the lights and..

"Suprise!!"

It was fair to say Max nearly got a heart attack right there when he fell backwards on the ground in shock. This much sudden sounds on the early morning definetly wasn't something he expected. Max looked up and saw how all the other 19 drivers were there. Max chuckled and looked around the room, spotting balloons, flags, serpentine and just all the other colourful items the boys could possibly find.

Max looked back at the guys as they started to sing happy birthday, for him. Max had to say he got a warm feeling inside of him, something fairly new to him. He smiled as he saw Lando sitting on the ground, still in his pj hoodie. The Brit looked tired but yet so excited. Pierre was singing loudly along, maybe a bit too loud, but it made Max smile even brighter. Charles was standing next to the Frenchman, dancing terribly along while singing nearly as loud as Pierre.

Max laughed when he slowly got up, looking at the others side of the group. It was clear to see that the boys weren't ready yet for his arrival, Seb still standing on the step while singing along as he holds the flags that were ment to stick to the wall. Lewis trying to prevent Seb to fall down while George and Alex we're throwing confetti all around the room.

When the song came to an end, Max clapped with a happy smile. "Oh guys you don't know-" Max tries to say, but Lando shushes him down. "We have one thing left!" Carlos said with a sweet smile. And through all the excitement, Max didn't even notice Daniel not being in the room before the Aussie entered the living room.

Daniel had one of his widest smiles ever on his face when he walked up to Max with a big birthday cake, and that's when tears started to appear in the Dutchman's eyes. "Gefeliciteerd, Maxy" Daniel said, his Dutch not the very best but Max thinks it's so sweet. "Ik hoop dat je.. dat je fijne dag hebt?" Daniel said unsure with a laugh. "That might be the worst Dutch sentence I heard in a while, but thank you so much" Max said as he wiped away the little tear.

Daniel let out a soft chuckle before he handed the cake to Max. There was a big '23' in the middle of the cake with all little pictures of Max on the rest of the cake. Max smiled down at the cake before he puts the cake down and smiles thankfully. "My god, guys. Thank you so much. This means a lot to me" Max said with a sweet smile.