✨48

Something was gonna go wrong today, Seb knows. The cold silence at the table this morning was just a preview of what is gonna come. Because even a blind man could notice how Max and Esteban were glaring at each other over the table. Max didn't even laugh at Daniel's jokes and neither did Esteban eat any of his breakfast.

Not many people were awake at this point in the morning. Only Sebastian, Max, Esteban, Daniel and Kimi. Seb took his eyes off Esteban and Max for a second to see Kimi watching worriedly aswell, just like Daniel who hopelessly sits next to the Dutchman. Seb really wanted to do something, but what can he possibly do in this situation. Nothing had happened. Yet.

"I'm going for a run" Max said as he stood up, voice barely audible. The sound of the chair that's sliding over the floor is quickly followed by a silence. Seb didn't miss the glare Esteban shoot Max just before the Dutchman exit the room, making the German frown deeper. Esteban rolled his eyes before he stood up and grabbed his plate to put it in the sink.

After a few minutes, Esteban left aswell, leaving the others alone. Daniel let out a sigh like he was holding it for a long time as he lays his head on the table. "I can't be the only one who felt that tension" Daniel mumbled as he glanced up at Kimi and Seb. "Nope, that was horrible" Seb said, letting out a deep sigh aswell. "But does anyone know what happened then? I mean, I thought they were getting along by now" Kimi says with a shrug while Daniel looks at him.

"Well I think it's just all little moments build up to this. I remember Max telling me how pissed off he was because Esteban told him he should go away when Max wanted to do the dishes. that was last Wednesday. It's really weird but that's all i know" Daniel said. Seb sat up and watched the otheer two. "I think we should try to talk to them. Maybe you should go to Max first and then we can talk about it with Lance" Seb looked at Daniel, making him nod.

"Yeah, I think Esteban and me are good aswell, but I don't know right now because me and Max are close aswell. I'll see if Max is still home" Daniel said as he jumped off his chair and headed upstairs to Max's room. "Maxy.." he whispered because he didn't want to wake the other drivers that were still asleep. It was still 8 o'clock anyways so.

"Max?" Daniel asked a bit louder when he got closer to Max's room and still didn't recieve a reaction. Just when Daniel is about to push the door open, Max opens it and looks in suprise at the Aussie in front of him. "Oh, Daniel. What are you doing here?" Max asked, eyes blood shot red like he's been crying for hours and hasn't sleeped

"I came to check on you" Daniel said, making Max raise an eyebrow. "Why?" Max asked. "Max you know why. You think I didn't notice your mood this morning?" Daniel said as he crossed his arms. Max rolled his eyes a bit and crossed his arms just like Daniel. "I have no clue what you're talking about. Now, can I go?" it wasn't even a question as Max just tries to push himself past Daniel.

"na- ah, not that fast Verstappen." Daniel said as he wrapped his arms around Max. Max tries to fumble himself out of Daniel's grip, just taking away more energy at the useless try. "Dan, come on. Just let me go" Max whined at Daniel who pulled the Dutchman in his room again. "No. We're gonna talk" Daniel said as he placed Max on his bed.

"there is nothing to talk about, really" Max said. Hah, silly Max. He really thinks I don't see it when he's lying after so many years?  "Nice try Max, but you're not going till I have my answers" Daniel said on a stern tone, making Max pout. It could easily break Daniel, that pout, Max knows. But Daniel doesn't lose it now he has come so far.

"Max, seriously. We only want to help. Just answer my questions honestly" Daniel held onto both Max's shoulders, making Max at him. "Is there something going on between you and Esteban?" a small nod is what Daniel gets in return. Daniel decides to go on with questions. "did something happen?" Max shrugged before he gave a little nod. "Did you hurt Esteban?" Max shook his head. "Did he hurt you?"