✨36

Wednesday

"George!!" (Long time ago I did that one, you know what to do :p ) Alex screams as all the other drivers impatiencely wait for George to finally get his bag through the door. It shouldn't be so big, but it apparently is. When George is finally through the door, everyone cheers which makes George snort.

Yes, the boys are on their way to Belgium. And yes, they're quite excited. Especially Daniel who starts to jump in his seat oh so slightly. Max shakes his head as he sees his bestfriend, but can't help the smile that creeps on his face. He quickly clips on the belt as they're gonna take off soon.

"Hey George! Everything working over there now?" Seb asks with a chuckle, making the rest laugh while George snorts, yet again. "You guys are really picking on me today!" He said as he puts his lips in an obvioud pouts and crosses his arms like a little child who doesn't get the teddy bear he wants. "Oh shush George, now you feel how Lando always feels when you pick on him" Alex said with a smirk as Lando pops up his head from behind Carlos. "He's the worst!" Lando points at Alex. "I keep on telling ya!" He continues, all three laughing by now.

"Time for take off, please secure the seat belts and I wish you an pleasant flight" said the intercom, making every driver sit up and get ready. Kimi looks out of the window as he feels the plane slowly start to move. Another weekend, and Kimi was ready to face it. of course it wasn't easy, being the oldest of the group, the car not okay and easy. But Kimi knows how to fight, he's done it for a long time already and he's ready to give more.

After a few minutes already, panic broke out on the plane. "Get that thing away from meee!!" Lando screams as he unclips his seatbelt, jumping up as a 'killer-bee', how he likes to call it, keeps flying around him. Carlos shakes his head while a stewardess tries to calm him down. "Sir, I'd like to ask you if you could calm down?" She asked on a friendly tone. But there was no way of Lando calming down.

"Carlos!! It's gonna kill me!" Lando cries out as the bee flies to the Brit again. "Lando calm the hell do-.. Lando what!?" George screams as Lando had dived under the seats. It seemed impossible, but Lando made it work somehow. "Lando, cariño. It's not gonna hurt you" Carlos said softly, making the extremely scared Mclaren driver poke his head up from under the seat. "You protect me?" He asks, eyes big which made Carlos laugh. "I'll protect you" he eventually said with a soft smile, making Lando crawl up from under the seat.

"I'm so sorry miss, he's such a child sometimes" Seb said, grinning at the Brit who was pouting. "Not true- aaahh!!" Lando yells as he throws his hands in front of his eyes before putting his face into Carlos' chest as the bee flies past him again. Carlos soothes him quietly, not joking at all while the other boys can't hold it together anymore. Even the stewardesses start to crack up.

After the plane flight, arriving at the hotel

"When we were driving and the rain was dropping on the window while the storm was going, I suddenly saw a light" Daniel said as he grabbed his suitcase out of the car. Max looks up worried as he drove to the hotel in another car. "You thought you were dying?" Max asks, confused and worried at the same time. "Oh no" Daniel said calmly. "I saw the Mcdonalds sign" Daniel finished, earning a soft slap on the back of his head by the Dutchman.

"Aahh dammit, my leg sleeps" Seb said with a soft laugh. Lewis laughed as he grabs Seb's hand and pulls him close. He stands in front of the German with his back facing him and bends his knees lightly, resturing him to jump on his back. "Lewis, don't be so silly. I'm way to heavy, especially with my bag and a-" "shut up and jump on my back before I change my mind" Lewis said with a smirk as he sees Seb roll his eyes before jumping on back.

Lance looks worriedly at Esteban next to him as the Frenchman has been quiet the whole way from the house to here. When Lance had put away all of his luggage, he walks up to Esteban's room and knocks quietly. The door opens a few seconds later as he smiles softly. "Hey, can I come in?" Lance asks, looking at some expression but Esteban's face seems.. numb.

"Sure, come in" he said as he turns around, grabbing some clothes out of his bag and puts it in the closet. Lance follows and sits on the bed, looking at Esteban. "everything alright, bumblebee?" Lance asks softly, making Esteban snap his head at him. Just then Lance notices the small tears in his eyes. "Oh Esteban, what's wrong?" Lance asks worriedly as he motions the Frenchman to come to him.

"Racing this weekend is difficult, with Anthoine and everything" Esteban admits while the Canadian restures him. "Those emotions are there for a reason. Don't hold them in front of yourself" Lance said as he soothingly runs his hand up and down Esteban's back while they hug. "I know, I'm sorry for holding my emotions, Lance" he softly said into his chest. "Don't be sorry, Es, don't be"

Arriving at the track, thursday

Pierre walks up to the place where it happened. The place where he lost one of his best friends one year ago. It honestly feels like yesterday, and it's crazy to think it's exacly 1 year ago. With the support of Charles, the rest of the guys and his family, he was able to go through it. But the pain was still there and it hurts so much.

He kneels down in front of the barriers and lays down the bouqet. He looks down as he feels tears threatening to escape. Losing you're best friend without having a proper goodbye hurts even more, and he still can't believe it. He looks up in the sky. "Tu me manques, Tonio. You're now in a safe place and you'll always be in my heart" he whispers, feeling his lip start to tremble. He knows it's okay to cry, crying is good for moments like this.

He stood up and walked back to the paddock and immediately turned to the Ferrari drivers room. He saw Seb just leaving his room and he gave him a thoughtful smile, rubbing Pierre's shoulder for a second before walking off. Pierre nodded back, not quite able to bring up a smile. He walks up to Charles door in the hope he's there. The door suddenly opens and Charles pulls him into a tight, unexpected hug.

Pierre was suprised at first, but it was the exact thing he needed right now. Charles slowly moves him inside and that's when Pierre couldn't hold back anymore. "I-I miss him so much. All the flashbacks" Pierre sobs into his shoulder, Charles soothing him while he feels tears dropping down aswell.

"I miss him too, mon amour" Charles said, hugging the Frenchman tighter as he can't help the tears anymore. He feels Pierre start to get even heavier in his arms so he carries him with all his power to the small couch, pulling him onto his lap to cuddle him even tighter. Losing your friend is one of the worst things that can happen. But support from your other friends is so important right now, and it's the best medicine in moments like this. Support.

——-

Racing for Anthoine🙏❤️#AH19

God, It's so weird to think it's already been a year without him. A year had passed after the horrible crash and I'm still not over it. we all still miss him every day, and may he rest in peace. He's in a good place❤️

A pretty sad chapter huh.. I'm sorry it's not the most exciting chapter ever, but I haven't been feeling happy today at all, with all the things with Anthoine and the posts and pictures of the drivers. I think I've cried over 4 times already today, but it's okay :)

I still hope you enjoyed this chapter.. make sure to let me know what to think! Oh and again, amazing collage from Babb1ee I know the whole thing with Anthoine is difficult for you too muppet, but just know I'm here for you🥺🧡I'm here for all of you!❤️

Love you all so much,
Xx M🧡