✨53

(Hey guys! I really tried to get this chapter done as quickly as possible, but a lot has come through. Me and my friends have had a fight for over 2 months now I think and it mentally hit me like a train this week, I'm really sorry but I hope you'll enjoy it anyways. I didn't really have much inspiration due everything that happened but I hope it's still okay. Hope you'll understand and of course enjoy🥰)

Haunting nightmares giving him sleepless nights, just a few days before traveling again. Max was helpless after what happened a few days ago, the voice stuck in his mind. You're not done with me, Verstappen. What has he ever done wrong to this human. Max felt different emotions by the whole sittuation. Confusion, guilt, fear.

Confusion because it honestly confuses Max why someone would break into their house and yell that sentence to him. It's so weird. Max just doesn't get what he's done wrong. How did that man even know where they live? Max was so confused, just like the others back at the house. All of them have been checking the cameras, asking their neighbours, even random strangers passing by. But yet, nobody had a clue who the man was.

Guilt had build up inside of Max from the first moment the man left their house, when he saw the rest of the boys. Fear was spread over everyone, and Max couldn't help but feel quilty for it. He hates the memory of a trembling Lando, watering eyes, or Charles who was biting his lip, eyes widening in terror everytime there was even a little sound. Max couldn't bare it anymore, when the memories flew back in the nightmares.

Oh, and then you have fear, build up amongst all the guys. Max was scared of many things. What could have happened to them if the police turned up later? What did the man want from them and what did the man want from Max? Is the man ever coming back? He knew the answer to the last question. Of course, the man was coming back once. Else he wouldn't say he's not done with Max yet. He'll come back, whether it's in real life or his nightmares.

Daniel had helped him sleep for the last few days, which Max was extremely thankful for. Without Daniel, he would probably haven't slept at all. It's alright, I'm here to protect you, always by your side. He whispers then, at 4 in the morning, bringing the Dutch driver in a weak sleep. Daniel was happy that he atleast could get his eyes closed by now, because it was barely possible the first day. Max was so thankful.

So, that's why he was driving down the streets to the little giftshop in the village. Lando was with him, because Max didn't really like the idea of going all alone. After all, the man had just left their house only 3 days ago. Lando and Max have always been very open about emotions and thoughts to each other, which is why Max likes the Brit tagging along with him. And he is great company anyways.

"Have you been sleeping a bit better last night?" Lando asks softly, looking up to Max on the left of him. Max shrugs with his eyes are focused on the road. "It's been better, a few hours is better then none I guess" Max mumbles, giving Lando a quick gentle smile. The Mclaren driver smiles back and nods. "It will all be over soon. I promise you that" Lando soothingly said, making Max smile softly.

"I hope so, Lando" Max mumbles, smile smaller but still present. "I hope so too, Max" Lando said with a sigh, leaning back against the leather seat. Max looked in his mirror, mind fuzzy when a car drives behind them. Lando frowns, not sure if Max was still focused on the road. "Max?" Lando tries to make any contact with his friend, but everything around Max was slowly fading away. Only eyes on the car behind them and the sound of his stepping up breathings.

"Max!" Max was shaken out of his trance by a yell from Lando, sight coming back to see Lando leaning towards the steering wheel, turning the wheel as fast as he could. The sound of squealing tyres making Max come back to his senses. When the car was through the corner again, Lando sat back with ragged breath and pointed at the pull over spot. Max nods, sucking on his bottom lip when he pulls over. A quick glance in the mirror to see the car nowhere to be seen.