✧30

-

Madison's POV

-

Fuck.

I almost knocked some kid over as I was sprinting towards math. I took a nap after I got home from my day classes, and I slept through my alarm leaving me with 5 minutes to get to campus... Which is basically no time.

"God damnit," I hissed to myself quietly, noticing I was the only person throughout the hallways.

I stole a glance at my watch, seeing that class was already 13 minutes in session. Didn't think I was going to be this late.

I took nervous steps towards the classroom door and slowly opened it, mentally rolling my eyes at how on instinct everyone's head snapped towards me. I hate attention.

Before I even took two steps inside, the familiar voice was already cutting me off.

"Miss Madison, you're," Austin glanced up at the clock, "almost 15 minutes late."

"Yeah... Sorry." I mumbled, making my way to my seat not thinking much of it.

"'Sorry' doesn't work in this case. So, I'd like you to step outside and maybe try again and join us tomorrow." Austin instructed sternly, making my eyes widen.

Okay then.

"You've got to be kidding me." I huffed, brushing off the numerous glares from people throughout the room.

"Does it look like I'm kidding you?" He sent me a cold smile.

My eyebrows scrunched together. I wanted to punch him square in the face.

I sent him a pout making sure no one saw and sighed, without another word opening the door and walking out of the class. If he wants to be tough, then fine. It takes two to tango.

I took a right turn and brought myself closer to the exit of the school, wanting to go back into bed and planning on doing so.

Part of me wanted to be pissed at Austin for humiliating me, but the other part of me was understanding. He couldn't show any type of affection with me in school boundaries, and I didn't really have a valid excuse for being late. I'm just a student.

But not to him. Right?

Okay Madison, shut the fuck up and stop thinking so deep into things.

I rubbed my temples in attempts to clear my thoughts, spotting my car and quickly making my towards it.

Austin canceled the dinner for tonight also, saying something along lines of rearranging on a day that's better for his parents work schedules, which I understood.

That left me with nothing better to do than watch reruns of Full House and finishing my container of cookie dough ice cream on this Friday Night. But hey, I'm not complaining.

5:49 pm. Bored, stuffed, and still not getting tired of studying Uncle Jessie's perfectly sculpted self.

I grabbed my phone off the charger in hopes to preoccupy myself once the commercials started, and glanced at my missed notifications.

Allie:
I can't believe you got kicked out of class today wtf

I know lmao. was it that bad?
I replied.

Austin:
I'm on my way over.

Upon opening his message, my phone started to ring and I let out a breathe of air before answering.
"Hi, mom."

"Mads. How've you been?" She asked cheerily.

"Good," I chuckled lightly. "How about you guys?"

"Oh, we're just peachy." She cheered jokingly. "Are you still coming home this weekend?"