✧18

-

Madison's POV

-

"So..." Alex started awkwardly. It was a Thursday night after class, and I had agreed to join Alex at starbucks. A, because he wouldn't stop bugging me about it and I'd have to come eventually, and B, I want to forgive and forget.

"So..." I added.

"I just really feel like the biggest asshole. And I know I acted like one. It was wrong of me to leave you, and I know that. I was drunk, and I shouldn't have been. God, I'm so sorry." He paused. "I want to start fresh, have a clean start. Because I really do like you.... Please? I'm so so sorry. I can't say it enough."

"I,uh." I think I'm just going to let this go and forgive him. I need to get it over with because it's not like ill be seeing him after college, anyways. So why not make him happy and take this weight off both our shoulders.

"Alright, fine." I gave in, playfully rolling my eyes. I smiled to myself watching Alex's lips curve upwards.

"Ah, yes!" He said as held out his arms, "Come gimme some love."

I obliged letting a slight giggle pass my lips, getting up from my seat as well as Alex and engulfing him in a warm embrace.
"Thank you, for giving me another shot." he whispered.
I nodded my head.

"You're the best, and...." My mind blanked after that, as my eyes darted to my professor walking through the door. Austin, beautiful Austin. It's such a small town here, I could find him anywhere.

He ordered whatever, not even noticing me there until he turned around to wait for his food.

Our eyes locked for a few seconds, but I couldn't read his expression. I raised my eyebrows to say hello, and he curtly nodded before turning back to the counter. Hmmm.

I just continued to nod my head against Alex's hand, letting his words flow in one ear and out the other. Giving him the satisfaction he wants.

-

Austin's POV

-

I watched as Madison whispered something incoherent into Allen or whatever's ear, causing him to blush and release her from his grip.

My coffee was ready to go, so I had no other reason to stay and watch whatever was going on.
I guess she decided to forgive him. I would have told him to go fuck himself and not even come within a ten foot radius of me, but that's not my decision. If she's happy with him, then great for them.

I don't fucking need anyone to provide me with happiness, I think thats all a crock of bullshit.

I readjusted my tie and buttoned my jacket before picking my brief case off the groud and strolling towards the exit.

Holy shit, New York is freezing. And no, it's not like New York City cold where everything is so nice looking blanketed with snow and Christmas lights. It's a little up North, where its too windy and the snow looks dirty as hell because plowers just throw it wherever it's convenient for them. Fuckers.

Alright, now to my car. I steal another glance at the beautiful teenager and her little fuck boy through the window before striding towards my car. My beauty.

I popped in one of my favorite cds and roared the heat. My mind began to cluster with thoughts, and questions I couldn't quite seem to find the answer to. I find it almost alarming how I, an almost 27 year old man, am still attracted to 18 year olds. How do I stop myself, or should I stop myself- are the real questions I'm seeming to have trouble with.

I continued to let my mind race about other irrelevant topics, letting time fly by before I pulled into my complex.

I let out a huge sigh as I plop onto my couch.
I need what I want. I want what I need. And when I want something, I fucking go and get it.

-

Madison's POV

-

"How could you have five dogs at once?" I asked Alex in misbelief as we were exiting physics.

"My family loved animals, and I was willing to feed them and pick up their shit if it meant having something close to a sibling." He shrugged. "I needed them to keep me happy and not lonesome."

"Awww, that's cute." I pitied. "My father wouldn't touch a dog with a ten foot pole." I chuckled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean he doesn't hate them. He just thinks they're too much work and it's too expensive. The food, shedding, grooming, shit- it just doesn't appeal to him and I've never really wanted a dog badly like most kids do. But it's understandable in your case since you don't have a sibling."

"Eh, I guess." He grinned turning to me, "Your dad sounds harsh." he joked.

"He seems it, but he's not." I smiled. "Trust me."

And that was it, we talked about petty bullshit before it was time for me to get to maths and for Alex to get to wherever he needed to be.

I scurried inside the classroom realizing I wasn't exactly early this time.
"Hey." I breathed out towards Allie.

"Hey. What's up with you?"

"I just fast walked here." I giggled out. "You?"

"Nothing new, just excited for tonight."

"Yeah, me too." I turned to the front. "Do you think we'll do anything new today?"

"Nah, probably not. Or so I hope." she chuckled.

"'Good evening class." Austin broke the chatters amongst the room. "I'd like you all to open up your notebooks and finish off the questions I had listed from yesterday. If you've completed them already, excellent. Just keep to yourselves and find something quiet to do. Remember, they're due Monday." He finished with a nod, taking a seat at his desk and rummaging through a shit stack of papers.

"Happy we finished those questions now?" I turned to Allie, making the smirk on my face too obvious.

"Yeah, guess you can be right sometimes. But what do you wanna do?"

"Hmmmm." I thought aloud. "Wanna see if we can get out early, since it's our last class of the night? We'd have more time to get ready for the dinner." I suggested.

She comprehended what I was saying before deciding to agree. "Go and ask lover boy, he'll give you anything." Now it was her turn to smirk. I pretend like I didn't here her previous comment, lifting myself off the chair and walking towards Austin.

I cautiously tapped his shoulder causing him to turn around. "Madison, what can I do for you today?" He grinned.

"I was um, w-wondering if Allie and I could leave class early... We already have all the questions finished and it'd give us more time to g-get ready." I stammered. Why was I so damn nervous?

He smiled noticing my shy stutter, before taking into consideration my plead.

"Your wish is my command."

-

-

-

Hi, kind of a filler chapter bc i have a ton of tests this week... but i had to upload something for my beautiful readers ❤️
Make sure to vote if you enjoyed !
90+ votes for next chapter is my goal😊