✦35

-

Madison's POV

-

I kept glancing at the clock from the corner of my eye, praising God that the bell would ring shortly. I managed to get through the painful 40 minutes of countless expressions and problems I could give two shits about. The only thing that kept me from misery was Austin's presence. But how interesting could school actually get?

I took the last sip of my French vanilla coffee and started to pile my books onto my desk once I heard shuffling throughout the room, meaning it was time to go.

"Bye Mads," Allie called as she walked behind me to exit the classroom.

"Bye Al," I answered nonchalantly. We always said goodbye after class, so it wasn't anything new. She's basically my best friend now.

I purposely took my time placing my papers and notebook back into my bag, Austin catching my eye from the side.

I smiled deviously to myself at the thought of no one in this room knowing about Austin and I.

"Madison," he called, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hm?" I answered, walking over to his desk.

"Why haven't you handed in last weeks assignment?" What?

"What are you-"

He lifted his eyebrows and mumbled something incoherent, telling me to go along with whatever he had planned.

I nodded.

"But thought I handed it in?" I played dumb.

"Well you haven't, and it's far too overdue. I think we're going to have to stay and discuss what your options are as of now." He spoke so sophistically.

I flushed from behind the desk since nobody could see my front. I fake groaned in annoyance before the last of the students cleared out.

"Hey, baby." He greeted after closing the door. "Nice job." He winked swiftly.

"Why thank you." I laughed. "So what's up?"

"Nothing much, drowning myself in papers. But I'm happy you're here. How was your day?"

"Good, same old." I shrugged, using my elbows as support as I leaned over the desk. My ass may have been in the air, but I was comfortable. Oops.

Austin took this as an opportunity to leave a soft kiss on my forehead.
"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"Actually, yeah." I replied, knowing it wasn't my usual answer.

"Oh," he seemed taken back. "I was going to ask you to accompany me at a party for my best friend Adam."

"I'm sorry..." I paused. "Wait, Adam?"

He looked confused, so I continued.

"Constancio?" I added.

He nodded and his eyebrows furrowed, "Madison, wh-"

"Austin, that's Alex's cousin... And Alex asked me to go with him to the party tomorrow." I cut him off. Crap.

His eyes widened. "Fuck," he mumbled. "How the hell could Adam not tell me his cousin attends school where I work?!" He asked to himself angrily. "And, I'll have to willingly watch my girl with someone else, and act like nothing is fucking happening!"

"Austin, calm down." I soothed, grabbing his arm. "Relax, everything will be fine."

He shook his head slowly, whispering "You're mine,"