✧55

austin look so...oomf in this pic im ready to pounce on him
-

Madison's POV

-

Oh god. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. How do I respond, how could I respond? The man I was head over heels for admitted our mutual feelings.

Sitting there briefly, I tugged on the ends of my hair and glanced at my feet. "Is that true, Austin?"

"Hey," he murmured, taking my chin between his index and middle finger. "Of course it is."

"Okay," I swallowed, my voice at its lowest strength due to the news I just took in. Although, I needed to consider his choices that were purely idiotic. "I... um need some time to think this through before I make any rash decisions. I can't just give into you right away as much as I want to, alright?"

His facial expression softened sadly, and I felt like the biggest bitch ever in that moment. But the ball was in my park and I wanted to be smart in my decisions.

"Madison," he puffed out, hazel orbs sparkling under the vibrant moonlight almost making me swoon.

"That's all I'm asking for. I know it doesn't make sense but just respect that, for me... Please?" I pleaded.

His eyes shut but he nodded nonetheless, "Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy. Come on- I'll drive you home."

-

Home, where I thought I wanted to be, was definitely not the answer to my solution. It was actually the polar opposite. The car ride was barely touching a peaceful silence, but rather an awkward, in deep thought kind of quiet. There wasn't a word exchanged between us the whole way, but there was a shit load of ideas racing through my brain that made the silence bearable.

I rolled over on my side, clicking my phone on to catch the time.

1:28 AM.

After sighing loudly I rubbed at my temples, the quick view of my lock screen making me contemplate all my decisions. Maybe taking the time to think this out wasn't the better solution, because it's been eating me alive continually. 

I shivered as I pulled the blankets off me, sitting up to tie my hair into a pony tail and slide on my slippers before deciding I needed a glass of water. I shrugged on my white fluffy robe and trotted down the stairs before retrieving a glass and filling it up.

Groaning at my cold and sore body, I quickly chugged the liquid down and set my cup in the sink, leaning against the counter briefly to recollect myself.

Fuck. That was the only word I could come up with to remotely describe how I felt. Confused, contemplated, and undecided.

After inhaling and exhaling loudly a couple times, I pinched my nose and turned around to proceed up the stairs, shrieking when I noticed a figure outside my door, lingering there.

"Fuck, why tonight?" I groaned quietly at the idea of an intruder within 10 feet of me, grabbing the nearest item adjacent to me which happened to be a blue vase. I shuddered as my feet moved against the cold tile and I made my way to the front door. Carefully turning the knob and forcefully whipping it open, I rose my hand-clad case and yelled, "Who the fuck is there?!"

"Madison!" I felt a hand enclose around my wrist stopping me from swinging, and I peeked my eye open at the familiar voice as harsh grip. "What the hell?" I sighed, rubbing my temple and putting the vase on the table by the door.

"I can't sleep... I'm sorry I, guess I scared you?" He laughed quietly, making me huff.

"You woke me up." I lied, the words easily flowing out of my mouth to keep my guard up and my head high.