✦60

-

Madison's POV

-

RECAP:

"True so far." I laugh shortly at his last comment. "You're going somewhere... So what's the next point?"

"Well, I've landed a teaching job on the outskirts of Brooklyn." My lips slowly form into a big smile and I wrap my arms around his neck, squealing in happiness for him.

"My gosh Austin that's fantastic!" I kiss both his cheeks ecstatically.  "Where will you be teaching?"

"Your school."

You know that feeling when you're in a dream and you think you've fallen, and your heart sinks to your ass as you wake up in complete shock? Yeah- that's how I felt.

My face hardened completely and I scurry off Austin's lap, crossing my arms over my chest as I inhale sharply. It takes me a moment to finally bring myself to speak. "Excuse me, did I fucking hear that sentence come out of your mouth? Or am I being delusional here?"

"Hey, I know it doesn't sound right at the mom-"

"No, Austin. No" I shake my head and my voice becomes wobbly at the horrible memory. "How could you even think of this? You know how it went last time."

"Yes I'm aware of that. I would NEVER put you in that position again." He says softly, trying to comfort me as he stands up and makes his way towards me. His light tone doesn't work this time and I find myself backing up.

"You're putting m-me in that position now! You're being so stupid Aus, oh my gosh."

"Madison," He looks at me and my teary face with a pained expression. "C'mere, please, I hate seeing you cry." I'm hesitant at first, but truly you couldn't blame me for it. "Please, baby."

I sniffle lowly and keep my head down as I shuffle in front of his tall body, and I'm still as he wraps his arms around me.
"Mads, you did not even give me a chance to explain myself."

I look upwards and squint my eyes at him as if saying "really, bitch." I sigh, "You need to consider the fact I was a complete mess when this happened last time, so yes Austin, I have a right to be upset."

"I never said you didn't, but you have to hear me out." He retorts, taking a seat at the edge of our bed.

"Okay." I whisper and he carefully sits me down in between his legs, my back to his chest, resting his head in between my neck.

"I would never, ever, take the job even if it would give us the littlest of problems." He kisses right below my ear multiple times as I slowly calm my tits.

"However, you would not even be in a single class of mine. That was the root of our problem, mainly, last time-"

"Besides that little twat Alex" I interrupt with a snarl.

"Yeah, I wanted to rip his fucking head off every time he even looked in your direction." He growls at the mention of his name, the sight of his cold face being really fucking hot. Okay, not now.

"As I was saying - during my interview I mentioned your name a lot, which was really unprofessional but I can't help myself from telling any person I come into contact about you." He admits and my cheeks redden at the confession. I conceal my raging smile as best I can as he continues and spins me around, "That's better. Now I can see your pretty face."

"Austin, stop flattering me before my face actually catches on fire and please continue!" I plead and he laughs at my complaint, nodding his head.