✧45

-

Madison's POV

-

My immediate reaction was to pounce up the stairs and into my bedroom to grab my cell phone.

"Shit shit shit," I hummed, prancing around the room nervously in hopes that Austin would pick up his phone.

I wasn't surprised when it went straight to voicemail, taking into account that its not even 8 in the morning.

I just wanted to scream at him for doing such an enormous deed for not only me but my parents. Why had he spent so much money on me? I wanted to be mad at him, we both promised not to go overboard on gifts. But how could I be mad? This man paid off expenses for my car. He's basically helped paid for the car on the spot, considering my parents can't just rake up cash.

I fucking love him.

I'm in love with my professor and I've never experienced a more real thing in my life. It feels like all arrows point to him.

A soft sigh managed to dart past my lips as I took a seat at the end of my bed.

I felt as if I was just staring at my phone and waiting for Austin to call or text back, so I sent a few texts to cousins and friends to wish them a happy holiday. After that, my body seemed to have a mind of its own as I made my way back under the covers, absentmindedly falling back into sleep.

-

Austin's POV

-

Mm. The strong scent of coffee I had made ready for this morning last night filled my nostrils and brought me out of my bed.

Usually, on Christmas morning, I'd stay in bed until my mother would call screaming at me to get dressed for dinner, but I had a surprise from Madison. Something about that made me feel like a little schoolboy again.

My cold feet padded across the wood of my home bringing me into the kitchen, where I fixed myself a cup of coffee with sugar and cream and cut a leftover piece of cake.

With the food in my hands I made my way into my living room and took a seat on my couch, a black box directly in my line of view. I smiled because I knew who it was from.

God, how I miss my girl.
I know I was lonely before I met her, but now that I've got her, the feeling is ten times worse.

And I've still got a whole fucking week to go.

I couldn't let the box call my name any longer, so I grabbed it and admired the perfect wrapping job. Once the bow was off I undid the paper, and fuck I already knew what it was.

When Madison and I took Andrew into New York City, I was eyeing this watch as we were just tutting down the streets and almost "window shopping."

I wrapped the metal bracelet around my wrist and admired it. How is she so sneaky ...sexy ... Like that?

Hmm. After downing the rest of my coffee to find my voice, I retrieved a house phone to call her and give her my thanks.

I hope she really likes the car her parents and I picked out. I've been communicating with them through email secretly about it, though Madison hadn't had a clue. And those heels looked even sexier than I envisioned on those thick, long legs of hers.

Just one more fucking week.

-

Madison's POV

-
Four days later

"Are you kidding me? You both make no sense at all." I shook my head. I've been arguing with my sister for the past hour, over something she clearly started. "I need to leave."