✦58

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER

-

Madison's POV

-

5 months and a few days after....

My heels clinked against the marble flooring at work as I dashed my way through the large doors.

Finally, able to go home.

My feet were killing me along with my back, and I had been squatting all day trying to organize my boss's file cabinet.

"I should be paid for this," I mumble to myself, although I know in order to land myself a job I'd have to keep up and work hard during my internship.

So I kept my head high and kept my complaints in my head, wrapping my jacket tightly around myself as I neared the train station.

Tonight would be good though, I wasn't out too late meaning Austin and I would have a nice night to celebrate our one year anniversary.

-

"Hey, beautiful girl." Austin greets me as I slide into his car, giving him a short peck on the lips. "How'd your day go?"

"Alright. But being able to come home to you is ten times better." I smile cheekily and he chuckles with a shake of his head.

His hand plants itself on its normal spot -my upper thigh- as we cruise home and he murmurs, "I agree. You'll be helping me pick out my clothing for tonight because I don't have a single motherfucking clue what I want to wear."

I laugh at his language and lightly swat his arm before nodding my head. "I don't know what I want to wear either though. How about you pick out mine, and I pick yours?"

"You're a little negotiator aren't you there, hm?" He hums and catches a glance at me from the side of his eye.

"Yep." I state back.

"You're my girl, you really are." I just smile back at the lovely man and wonder how a year has already flown by.

Once we get back home, we race each other up the stairs and plant ourselves on the bed.
"You know, we could just cancel and stay in bed all night..." Austin says after a few minutes of cuddles and kisses, but I can tell he's joking by the tone in his voice.

"Noooo, we have to go I've been waiting all week!" I shake my head and attempt to lift him off the bed. Austin has different plans as he sits up and brings me with him, situating me in his lap while he leans against the headboard.

"You're my whole world, Madison. Words would never do the justice in expressing how much love I feel for you." He whispers softly into the shell of my ear, arms wrapping themselves around my waist as he cradles my body slowly.

I bury my head into his neck and cuddle into his warm skin while he does so. "Love you, so much. Don't know how I'd function without you." My words are muffled by his chest but I assume he's heard them when he's squeezed me a little tighter.

His hands move to my ass and he slaps me lightly, signaling me to get off his lap. "Mph, no. Now I'm comfy."

"C'mon, baby, don't want to be late now do we?" Austin murmurs and I nod, knowing he's right.

"Alright," I stretch my arms in front of him once I'm off the bed. "Into the abyss of Austin's clothes I go."

He laughs and watches me stride towards the closet, and I run my hands through the large collection of clothes he's got. He even has it organized in color order, what a nerd.