✦54

-

Austin's POV

-

There was not one doubt in my head that I was making the wrong decision or moving in the wrong way and not progressing in my life without Madison. Not one damn doubt.

How could I move forward with my life, knowing that no one out there could even compare to the girl I let go in front of my eyes. I couldn't. I can hardly even live with myself now, knowing that my little angel is out there in the big world all alone.

"You're mine. All mine," I growled lowly into her ear, letting her know who she belongs to. "Nobody will touch you like I will, feel you the way I can."

She nodded slowly, exhaling "Yours."

I growled angry at myself and sad at the same time as I remembered that first night I kissed Madison, the first night I really got to be with the love of my life. It sounds so pathetic, like I'm some fool. But I'm just a fool for her.

With my head full of determination, I took a fairly large breathe and stormed through the school until I reached my destination- the dean's office.

I ignored his assistant who asked, "Hey! You have no appointment Di-" by barging into his office and shutting the door.

There he was, not even acknowledging who walked in until I cleared my throat. The man must need some damn hearing aids.

"Oh, Mr. Mahone. What brings you intruding in here?"

"I see it fit to let you know I'm quitting." I said bitterly, shaking my head when he gestured for me to take a seat.

"Now," he started calmly, recollecting himself after my sudden outburst. "We can try to discuss this and work s-"

"Listen, I don't want to work anything out. I quit, it's over and I'm done in with this place." I ended, adjusting my tie as I walked back to the door. "Just put my paycheck in the mail- or don't at all, I don't even need your money."

He glanced at me before sighing and rubbing his hands over his face. "Wait," he called, placing his glasses onto his desk. "Before you leave, at least give me some kind of explanation. What uprose this?"

"The rumors going around about me have gotten ridiculous. And the fact that no one, including yourself, who is apart of the staff have done nothing to help the situation, really urged me to relocate myself to somewhere more suitable." I pieced together a response, half lying to make my claim more believable. I wasn't going to tell this guy my real reason- fuck that.

"Unbelievable! You can't just leave in the middle of a semester- can you at least wait until break?"

"I can do whatever the hell I want, the fuck?" I returned, slowly becoming more ticked off by this stupid fuck that someone deemed principal.

My things were cleared out and packed in my car all ready to go, and I ignored the calls and chants of my name from the office as I strolled out of his presence and down the hallways. Gnawing harshly on my gum and excusing the nasty glares of people I passed along the way, I soon exited the building for good.

I'm coming for you, baby.

-

Madison's POV

-

The days flew by before I had time to process it, and February had come before I knew it. I was so dreading it- especially today. My birthday, and Valentine's day.

I was a complete sobbing mess for the afternoon, drowning myself in old romantic movies in a bed full of chocolates, tissues, and my tears. I had fair reason though- my love didn't love me back so I had to accept that and try to move on as much as I could.