✧13

-

Madison's POV

-

My eyes peel open, and I see nothing but darkness and a strip of light peering through the bedroom door.

I take a glance at the clock and it reads 12:17. Holy shit. Missed another day of class.

On instict, I immediately inhale the strong smell of cologne coming from the comforter. I smile, Mr.M-Austin.
I keep forgetting to not call him Mr.Mahone.

Realization of how wrong last night was hits me like a train, and I grow pissed at myself. I shouldnt have let him take me into his home, let alone sleep in his bed! He's my profesor for crying out loud. I sigh, I feel like I can never do anything right.

I kick myself out of bed and unwillingly pull the blinds open, only to be blinded by the light and immeditaley close them again. I guess I know why he keeps it dark in here.

I make the bed as neat as possible, its the least I can do considering he slept on the couch for me.

Once I know thats done, I walk through the bedroom door and into the hall bathroom.

I flick the lights on and my jaw drops. I look like a wreck. I scowl at myself, I'm still in my fucking clothes! I find a spare tooth brush under the sink and run the fossit. The cold water I splash on my face makes me feel ten times better.

As I brush my teeth my thoughts trail back to last night. Alex, I'm definitely going to have a word with that kid. Or maybe more than a word.

-

I trudge down the stairs and into the kitchen in search of my shoes. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a note on the kitchen island. I walk over and take it in my hands;

Madison.

I hope last night I helped you feel better. I don't like seeing you sad... I'm still more than happy to kick that kids ass for you.

I apologize that I left without waking you up, I couldnt bring myself to disturb you when you looked so peaceful. If your looking for your shoes, I put them by the front door as well as your phone....and car keys.

Until next time,

Austin

P.S. Maybe partying on a Sunday night isnt the best idea?

I flush. I wonder how the hell he managed to get my keys. But this was sweet of him, the letter and everything.

After Ive read it tweleve times, I decide that I should leave a thank you note in response.

Austin. I mock.

Saying thank you right now wouldn't even come close to how thankful I actually am for you to be so hospitable to me yesterday. You really didn't have to. I feel terrible, like I should repay you in some way.

And yes, maybe next time I'll think about staying home on a Sunday night, wouldn't want to miss class or anything.

Thanks for everything, and my keys (I would have never found them, and how you did I'm not sure)

Madi

Satisfied with my letter, I put it in place of where his was.

As I walk towards the front door I can't help but stop and look at pictures hanging on the wall.

Is this Austin? Is that his mother? Who are those little children? That looks like Austin.

I think to myself. Questions I'll probably never find the answer to.