✦14

-

Madison's POV

-

I decided today was a good day to take a ride, since it was lightly snowing and nothing else could keep me from boredom.

I was going to ask Allie to come but I wanted to just have a long, peaceful, drive listening to all my favorite songs.

I already had a pair of jeans on, so I threw on a black long sleeve shirt and my uggs. Again not bothering to put contacts in, I grabbed my glasses and my phone and locked my front door.

Its gonna be a long winter.

-

I mentally thanked myself for burning some of my favorite songs cd.

After a good 30 minutes of driving I pull into a little outlet. I thought I should take advantage of the fact that no ones here because of the snow.

I want to find some nice clothes to wear if I were to get an interview. My brown eyes scan all the different stores and I decide on trying my luck...

-

Two hours later, I come out with 3 pairs of dress pants, a pencil skirt, 4 blouses, and a pair of heels. I feel satisfied and suddenly hungry.

Walking to the nearest pizza place I spot a hair salon. I ask myself if I should or not.. I mean, shorter hair would look more professional and sophisticated.

I know who I can ask, my mother.
Within two seconds she picks up the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey mom, I have a really quick question to ask."

"Shoot."

"Do you think it would be a good a idea to cut my hair shorter?"

"Why would you want to do that, you have curly long beautiful hair?" She questioned in a tone laced with confusion.

"Because I think it would be more professional, you know since I may have some interviews coming up." I explained, suddenly feeling disappointed because see doesn't seem too fond of my idea.

"I uh- I think it would be okay. As long as your happy." She sighs.

"Okay good, because I'm right by a salon."

"I'm glad you called and asked me first." she chuckled, "Come visit, please. I miss my first born."

"I actual planned on coming next weekend, is that alright?"

"Oh, good!" She muses.

"Yeah, so I'll talk to you later okay?" I aked trying to end the conversation.

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too mom."

"-Oh wait! I want a picture of your hair when its done!"

"Okay okay, bye mom." I chuckle and hang up before I can get annoyed. As talkative as she is, I still can't wait to see her again.

I step into the salon, and I notice there's 2 people here. Packed today.

"Hi, would I um need an appointment if I wanted to get my hair cut?" I asked the woman behind the desk.

"Well, there's not many people here as you can see, so I think your good." she chuckled, "Are you looking to get a wash and trim?"

"Yes."

"Alright, follow me..." she trailed off not knowing my name.

"Madison." I told her.