✧22

-

Madison's POV

-

I didn't do much after Austin had left besides tidying up my place and throwing some of my clothing into the washing machine. I already missed him, and he was another reminder of the downside to living alone.

Before getting ready to take a shower so I could straighten my hair in the morning, I grabbed my phone so I could play music in the bathroom and sing along- even though I had a terrifying voice.

My lock screen was clustered with a few Twitter notifications and a text from Austin. My heart skipped a beat as I opened it quickly.

"Baby, how are you?"
I blushed not even trying to hide my smile, considering no ones around.

"Wonderful, about to hop in the shower. You?"

I sat on my bed, waiting for a reply before I stripped to get into the steamy hot water.
A few painful seconds later I had received another text,

"God, I want to be with you right now. I can't focus on grading and assigning all this work. But, I'll let you have your time in the shower. Let me know your doing alright later..
Mine."

I can sense that he's protective. And I don't mind that.

"Of course. I'll call you a little later :)
Yours."

Happy with my response I strolled into the bathroom, grabbing two towels along the way, and removed my clothing.

Just as I was about to set foot into the warm water I heard my phone go off again. Who could it be now?

I jogged back over to my phone, now freezing my ass off because of my lack of clothing. I stared at the name on the screen that read "Austin" for a good 30 seconds in confusion. I thought he had to go? I cautiously unlocked my phone and opened the message.

"I need you to help me."

"With?"

I again waited for an explanation.
Is he okay?

Cautiously, I sat on the toilet seat letting my leg bop up and down in nervousness.

A few minutes had passed and still there was no reply. I eventually turned off the water that had been running, not wanting to waste anymore and trying to save some money.

I decided to send another text as I was growing worried.
"Austin are you alright?"

"I'm fine, baby. "

"No, I can tell your not. What's bothering you?"

"Nothing, just thinking of you."

"You sure?"

"Yes princess, positive. I don't want to hold you up any longer, now. Will keep in touch."

"Will do. Yours xx."
I replied, still not fully contempt that he was fine. But if he says he is, I have no other choice then to trust him.

I put my favorite playlist on shuffle, leaving my phone by the sink hoping good music could soothe me along with some hot water.

-

Austin's POV

-

As I took a look at myself in the mirror, I tried to see if there was anything I could adjust about my outfit before making my way to Madi's place.

I straightened out my hair with my fingers a bit, playing with it to look the way I wanted before deciding I was ready to go.

I grabbed my keys off my nightstand and slipped my wallet into my pocket before making my way downstairs.