✦33

-

Madison's POV

-

"Okay everyone, just a friendly reminder that your research paper is due next week, so get to it!" Mr. Valdez dismissed the class.

I sighed in annoyance at receiving another project, meaning I'd have to go to the library.

Once all my books were in my bag I exited the class, meeting Alex outside who was waiting for me.

"Ready?" He questioned. I nodded and with that we proceeded to the school library.

"So how's everything lately?"

I turned to face him. "Good, why?" I asked confused.

"I don't know, you just seem... To have a lot on your mind. What have you been up to?"

Definitely was not giving your math teacher head the other day.

I smirked to myself at the thought before clearing my throat awkwardly, snapping out of my dirty thoughts.

"Nothing, really." I answered nonchalantly. "I've been up to my ears in homework." I partially lied, obviously not planning on mentioning Austin to him ever.

"Yeah, me too. But you have to live a little. Do something fun." He suggested.

"What could I possibly do here that's considered fun?" I emphasized the word fun.

"There's a few things. But anyway, I'm asking you for a favor."

"And that would be?" I raised my eyebrow, kicking a pebble with my black converse as we neared our destination.

"Well, my cousin Adam is just recently engaged. So my family is throwing this big ass engagement party this Friday night, and I want you to be my date. Friend to a friend." He rushed quickly.

I thought about it for a second. I didn't have anything planned for Friday night shockingly, note the sarcasm. And we're friends, nothing more.

"Yeah, sure." I grinned.

"Really?" He asked surprised.

"Of course. But don't get drunk on me." I nudged his side just to make sure he took it as a joke, but at the same time I wanted to clear that up.

He blushed almost instantly. "I promise, and I'm still sorry about that."

I nodded, wanting to change the subject. "Should I wear something fancy? And what time? Oh, and are you driving?" I asked all at once.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I guess you could say fancy. I'll pick you up Friday around.... 6?"

I nodded once again, and with that we stepped foot inside the library to get information for our papers.

-

Currently I was sitting in Austin's room, watching him write a complex equation on the board.

I didn't pay much mind to it, zoning out into my own world. I didn't even realize others had started to work on it.

I grabbed my notebook and wrote the problem down, upon feeling my phone buzz.

I sneakily removed it from my pocket, making sure no one saw.

"You look lovely today."
It was Austin.

I glanced up and blushed as he was already looking at me.

"I'm wearing sweats and no make up" I replied.

"Still beautiful... Now get to work. xx"

"Thanks😊 & u texted me first" I defended, seconds later receiving another reply.

"Point made. Now back to work! I mean it."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah" I answered, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

I glanced around me one more time feeling paranoid, and released a breathe of relief when I only caught Allie watching at me.

She winked, knowing exactly who I was talking to, and I gave her a cheeky grin before going back to this unnecessarily long problem.

-

After getting out of my car I pulled out the keys to my place and made my way to the front door.

I squinted my eyes as I spotted something small in front of my doorstep, but it was probably just the mail.

I shivered at the gust of wind that hit me, and bent down to pick up the item.

It was a sweet little letter addressed to me with one white rose attached.

"Me and you. Ice skating? Meet me at my place. 6 pm. Wear something warm, baby girl.
-AM"

My cheeks flamed up. He was an obvious romantic, which I adored.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I scurried inside, feeling my ears start to get cold.

I flung my bag down and put the rose in a small vase with water quickly so I could grab myself a juice box.

Don't judge.

I plopped myself onto the couch, wrapping a blanket around myself like a burrito.

I still had a good hour until I had to meet Austin, so I turned on the tv. Can I even ice skate? I don't even remember the last time I did.

Guess I'll have to find out.

-

Austin is damn good at ice skating, surprisingly. He told me he had been practicing with his mother recently because he wanted to take me, which nearly made me cry.

I fell on my ass like 7 times, and I brought Austin right down with me when I was clinging onto him.

Thankfully there was only about 12 other people here, so I didn't really care if I fell.

"Look, baby!" Austin called, slowly but surely turning in a 360.

I giggled, carefully gliding towards him. He grabbed my hands and we started to skate at a normal place, keeping our fingers intertwined.

Austin had the widest grin set onto his plump lips, that it made me grin too.

We went around the rink in a circle twice before Austin carefully tugged me closer, placing his hand onto my waist.

His thumb swiped across my cheek, and I glared up at him before he lowered his face to mine leaving a sweet kiss on my lips.

I played with his curls by the base of his neck that spilled from his gray beanie, our movements in sync.

We pulled away seconds later and I blushed when I heard a couple 'aw' us.

After about 20 more minutes, we returned the skates and made our way back home.

"That was really nice," I admitted, taking my jacket off. "Besides the part where I fell about 80 times."

He chuckled. "Mm, I don't think ice skating is your thing. No offense,"

"Just because you add no offense doesn't mean it's not offensive." I played, even though I knew he was right.

He smirked, standing in front of me. He grabbed a handful of my ass tugging me closer.

"Austin, I'm kinda sore." I chuckled out embarrassed.

He sent me a sympathetic grin.
"Come, I have just the treatment."

-

-

-

Im updating this at 2:30 am on a school night what is sleep

this chapter was kinda inspired by Harry's part in the music video for night changes haha, let me know what you think!

goal: 240+ votes (next update will be soon)

5 favorite songs off your playlist right now?