✦25

-

Madison's POV

-

I spent most of my morning sitting through all my classes, occasionally making small talk with Alex not really paying attention to my work or anything that was being said.

I felt pretty shitty because I haven't spoken to Allie this whole weekend, I was with Austin a big portion of the time. And I know that's no excuse, but I think she'll understand once I explain everything. She's the one who told me to "hop on it" anyways.
I miss her humor.

After making myself a classy dinner of pizza rolls and lemonade I came back to campus for Austin's class.

I always walk in there feeling nervous for a lot of reasons.
I casually took a seat towards the middle of the class next to the window.

I took my laptop out of my bag and set it on the desk trying to get myself settled. I brought my gaze towards Austin's desk, he was messing around with some papers. He stood up and gave me a smirk before turning to the board.

I nervously took a glance around the room to make sure no one was looking, and mentally sighed to myself in relief.

Silently I tapped my fingers on the desk, watching the minutes go by on the clock. Eventually Allie came in, and I swear the smile plastered across my face was huge.

"Madison!" she shrieked, taking a seat besides me. "Whats up? We haven't spoken in what feels like forever."

"Three days?" I joked.

"I'm trying to be nice for once." She rolled her eyes. "So, do you wanna grab some starbucks after class? It's so god damn cold I need something warm in my system."

"I feel you." I laughed, "You can just come in my car because I'm assuming you walked from your dorm....?"

She nodded, and before I had the chance to bring up another topic Austin raised his voice. I didn't even notice that the class already had gotten full.

"So today, I have a new lesson planned." He came around his desk and leaned against the white board, crossing his arms. "It's based off of what we've already been studying, just another branch of trig. However, this isn't what I would call a very necessary lesson in contrast, to lets say, plane and spherical. This is just to help you understand those two concepts." He took glances around the room as he spoke, occasionally looking in my direction. He was good at making things look normal, as if there was nothing suspicious going on.

I was taking notes off Austin's lecture, letting the words hit the paper but go through one ear and out the other. I kept zoning out and staring at nothing through the musty window besides me. You know those days when your just not feeling work? I've been seeming to have a lot of those lately.

"Make sure to look over these notes, and make sure you're clear with everything because we will be moving on."

I slowly raised my hand. "Miss Santori." he called.

"Is this go-"

"Wait, so we should know like everything?" Some girl cut me off. I raised my eyebrow. Bitch.

"I'm sorry, was Madison talking?" He questioned with a hint of annoyance. My face flushed as I heard a few "Oohs" play throughout the room.

"Continue." he turned back to my direction.

"Is this going to be on our final exam?"

"Yes, just to tie up what you'll be learning. You'll have to be familiar with it." He answered. God, he sounded so sophisticated with his words. I grinned and nodded my head.