✦4

-

Madison's POV

-

Class was already in session and I was kind of disappointed looking at the empty chair next to me. I guess Allie couldn't make it today, and that's strange considering she's always in class.

I was looking outside from my seat watching the droplets hit the window, not thinking of anything in particular.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when that all too familiar male voice spoke. At least I have one thing to make up for Allie's disappearance..

"Good evening class." Mr.Mahone greeted.

Various "good evening"s and "good evening Mr.Mahone"s were said throughout the class. I even noticed a few girls batting their eyelashes and obnoxiously chewing their gum while staring him down like a hawk, obviously trying to get his attention.

A mixture of jealousy and annoyance overcame me as I watched them.

But why do I care so much? It's not like he's mine, he probably has a girlfriend! Most definitely. I wouldn't doubt it if my guess was correct.

Madison, get your shit together here.

However as I watched him, he didn't even bother to look at any of the girls, and I devilishly smiled to myself.

"So today, I'm letting you all on the sly; I have a bunch of papers to correct. So you have the option of reading chapter 7 and 8, section 4 of your textbook or silently work with or without a partner on any work you have. Your choice. Whatever you decide to do, keep your voices low." He demanded sternly.

He glanced at me and our eyes met for a split second. He grinned and before I could return it, he turned back to his desk and left me sitting there disappointed.

About ten minutes later I found myself quietly reading over some notes I had on my iPad. I heard the door creak open and the class whipped their heads to see who it was. And there stood a soaking wet Allie. I could tell by her panting she was definitely running.

"Miss Knight, you're late." Mr.Mahone stated the obvious.

"Mr.Mahone I'm really sorry- I was just- it was raining really hard and I forgot an umbrella and-"

"Listen, since it's your first time being late and the weather outside is pretty brutal I will let you off with a warning. But next time you're late you will be getting kicked out of my class." He warned.

Damn.

"Thank you- it won't happen again." She smiled and he ended the conversation by nodding, and going back to whatever he was working on.

Allie quickly made her way over to the empty desk besides me and sat down.

"Hey, um, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... I didn't even know it was going to rain and before I know it I'm soaking wet. It was hard for me not to slip in the hallways."

We both giggled.

"Well at least Mr.Mahone wasn't too harsh." I pointed out.

"I'm so thankful, you have no idea," She paused, "So, um what are we doing?"

"We can read in the textbook or do some work. Do you wanna go over the notes with me?" I asked. I wanted to study alone but I felt a little bad for Allie, she was soaked and probably embarrassed as hell so I decided to ask her.

"Yeah sure." She accepted my offer with a thankful grin.

I returned the smile and opened up my iPad to retrieve my notes.