✦8

A/N, I skipped around so that's why theres snow and everything.

-

Madison's POV

-

My eyes open to my pitch black room, and I groan. I hate early classes.

I was about to hop in the shower, but I didn't want my hair to freeze outside. So I just toss it in a bun and call it a day.

I slide into my black jeans, and throw on my heavy teal sweater. I add a white fringe scarf, because why not? Once my boots are on, I take a glance at myself in the mirror and I look fairly presentable. I grab my glasses off the nightstand and head downstairs. I haven't been wearing my contacts at all lately...

As I'm going through my cabinets I sigh because I have no food that I can take in the car. I have to remind myself to go get some things that I can just eat on the way to school. I quickly pour myself some coffee in a mug to go. I'll probably get a granola bar or something at the vending machine once I get to campus.

Once I sling my tote over my shoulder, I'm out the door.

I walk as slow as possible to get to my car, everything is covered in ice. This walkway is slippery as hell.

I reach my car, and scramble inside. My seats are freezing, so I immediately turn the key to start the engine.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

It won't fucking start. I try again, praying to God it will at least make some type of noise.

I slam the steering wheel growing angry, somewhere hoping my car will magically start to run.

Fucking hell.

I have no option but to try and walk right now, and I better start now so I'm not late.

-

As I inch closer and closer to school, the more my legs feel like they're about to fall off. My nose is frozen as well as my ears, and my teeth will not stop chattering. The only thing keeping me partly warm is my right hand, holding my coffee mug which is slowly starting to freeze as well.

I open the door to the Jones building, and I'm immediately hit with a wave of warmth. Thank the heavens. I take a seat on a bench, I need to relax before I fucking croak right here. Sometimes the cold can be a real bitch.

I have no clue how I'm going to get home, and I most definitely am not walking again. Maybe Allie could drive me? I pick up my phone to shoot her a text, and the clock tells me I have 6 minutes until class. Shit!

-

Achoo! Every five minutes, I sneeze. I don't even try raising my hand, because when I try to speak I end up sneezing. I've blown my nose about 20 times and some of these people are giving me disgusted looks. Like sorry, I'm sick...

"Madison, are you okay? You sound terrible and look awfully pale." Mr.Valdes points out. Gee, thanks! Everyone turns their head towards me.

"Not really" I answer honestly. I can barely breathe out of my nose, my whole body is frozen, I feel dizzy as hell, and my ass hurts from sitting on this uncomfortable chair.

"You should get some rest, sweetie. Go home and eat some soup or get something warm in your system."

"Really? You'd let me go home?"

"Madison, I know how to handle having a cold and being here right now does not help. Being 70 does come with wisdom." He smiles. "Go get some rest and come back when you feel better."