✦6

-

Madison's POV

-

My eyes slowly open to the familiar sound of my alarm clock going off.

If I could, I would stay in bed all day.

Unwillingly removing the soft comforter from my body, I let out a yawn and stretch out my arms.

I make my way over to my bedroom window and take a look outside. The wind bristling through the trees lets me know it's chilly. Damn.

I decide on wearing my thick grey sweatpants because I don't think jeans will do the job of keeping me warm. I throw on a long white t-shirt and put my navy hoody on top because my classrooms tend to get cold.

I walk in my bathroom and decide to do a quick french braid. Usually, I straighten my hair just because I'm not fond of it naturally, but I know today my hair will not stand a chance in this wind.

After I brush my teeth I put a little bit of foundation over my face and apply a thin layer of mascara to my eyelashes. Most of the girls in my classes cake their faces with makeup and it's so unappealing, at least to me.

I grab my glasses off my nightstand, not bothering to put my contacts in today, and jog downstairs.

Now what shoes to wear? Hm, my uggs are old and small, and who wears flats with sweatpants? I decide on my timberlands. I personally think timberlands look kinda trashy on girls, but my dad bought me these for Christmas last year when we got over 4 feet of snow.

Whatever, I have no other option right now.

I pour myself some lucky charms and sit alone eating in my quiet kitchen. I glance at my clock, and I have about 15 minutes until my first class. I put my bowl in the sink and take a Gatorade from the fridge to bring with me. I sling my bag over my shoulder, grab my car keys, and with that I'm out the door.

Ready for another day of hell, and I already have issues with people. Great.

-

The day went by fairly slow, getting a few pages of homework to do here and there. Allie and I were walking together to math when I realized I forgot to study for this 'exam' we have today. Shit, I'm going to bomb it.

I tensed, and I think Allie noticed.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked.

"I forgot to study last night..." I paused, "I'm gonna fail my first math test of the year."

"Just do your best. One test isn't going to ruin your average at the end of the semester anyway. And that is if you get a bad grade, which I'm sure you won't."

"I hope not..." I trailed off as we walked into Mr.Mahone's room.

Once I found my seat I kept my head low. I don't really want to see him today, and certainly not when I'm about to bomb his test.

However, I'm forced to look up when I hear his voice boom through the room.

"Good evening, class. We all studied last night I hope, yeah?"

No. I said to myself.

"I'm gonna go ahead and hand out the test so you have as much time as you need. I doubt you will need all fifty minutes, but it's there if you do. Good luck."

His hazel green orbs scan the room and when they meet mine I look away. I feel bad at first, but he probably still wants nothing to do with me since yesterday's incident.

I peek up seconds later and see the slightly confused look on his face, but he shrugs it off and goes back to his desk.

Before I start to get distracted by my thoughts, I glance at the thick packet in front of me. I decide it's better to start this now, because by the looks of it I'll need the whole period.

-

I'm only on the fourth page, meanwhile everyone else is almost done. Some people even left.

I'm clearly frustrated, and I think anybody could sense that.

"Remember, after class." A husky voice whispers into my ear, and straight away I know who it is. Mr.Mahone.

I nod and see him stride back to his desk. I take note of what he's wearing- black jeans, a dark green long sleeve button up shirt with a jacket on top, and work boots. Wow, he looks delicious. Mouth watering actually.

After the bell rings, the remaining people hand in their tests and head home. I stay seated, waiting for whatever Mr.Mahone has planned for me.

Once the door is closed and everyone is out, sexy turns towards me.

"Madison, just the girl I wanted to see." He grinned. "You looked like you were having a hard time taking your exam. How'd it go?"

"It was um, hard." I paused, "I forgot to study last night... "
I spoke in a hushed tone.

"You what?"

Shit.

"I got so caught up in everything that happened yesterday, when I got home it completely slipped my mind."
I bit my lip, waiting for him to start shouting.

"I understand." He nodded.

"Look I kno- huh?"

"I get it, your stressed out. I'll let you re-take the test after class tomorrow, if that's what you want. Just don't let it happen again, because next time you will get the grade I put on your paper."

"Really? I thought you hated me.." I frowned.

"Why would you think that?" He questioned.

"You didn't care to hear my apology yesterday."

"Madison, I was just upset. I didn't mean to cut you off like that. I could never hate you."

"Oh.." I trailed off. That makes me feel a bit better.

"Come." He reached out his hand, and I looked at him with confusion.
"Let me treat you to a hot chocolate, as an apology."

"Mr.Mahone, you don't hav-"

"We could sit here, in this cold room, and study math then... if you'd rather."
He suggested, his face revealing his amusement.

"But I don't want you to spend money on me."

"But I want to. I feel quite upset with myself for making you feel this hatred, and I want to make it up."

"I feel bad enough, let me pay for myself and I'll go." I negotiated.

"Deal."

I smiled in triumph and he returned it, showing off his perfect white teeth.

"There's a cafe across the street, so I think we can manage and walk." He pointed through the window.

I giggled. "I think so."

-

-

-

This chapter sucks sorry, but make sure to vote if you want the next chapter up tomorrow or Monday night! It's a little hard to update since I'm getting bombarded with homeowrk, but I'll be writing every chance I have😊 love you guys💖