Chapter 01

It was a time of the night, a mansion was lit with lights and there was complete silence all around there as a storm had hit the place or the storm had entered inside someone. The moon was peeping into the room from the window where the lights were off only one corner was lighted.

A table was a kept at the side where a girl was sitting on the chair and was writing something in the dairy under the lamplight. She was wearing a white Kurti. A mangalsutra and a pendent was tied around her neck and sindoor was filled in her hairline.

Girl writes: Aaj is ghar main meri akhri raat hai,  kabhi socha nahi tha ke ye din bhi ayega meri zindagi main. Waise socha to ye bhi nahi tha ke main kabhi is ghar main aungi is ghar ki bahu ban kar. Zindagi bhi kitni ajeeb hai jo sochte hain, jo chahte hain wo milta nahi aur jo milta hai wo chahiye nahi hota shayad isi ka naam KISMAT hai. Kismat. Is ne to kabhi mera sath nahi diya. Ye Kahani shuru hoi che (6) mahine pehle. Nahi che mahine pehle nahi ek saal pehle jab maine pehli baar osay dekha tha.

The girl thinks. She recalled that day.

Flashback:

It was the daytime and the weather was pleasant, the dark clouds were hovering on the sky.

Girl narrates: us din meri zindagi badli thi. Mujhe to laga tha ke sab khatam ho gaya hai lekin nahi wo to ek shurwat thi ek naye safar ki jis ki koi manzil hi nahi hai. Meri zindagi ne ek naya morh liya tha aur main anjan tha us se. Meri zindagi ka ek naya chapter shuru howa jis ke unginat pane kore reh gaye.

The rain was drizzling and people were standing in the white clothes, some were standing by carrying the umbrella. A girl was doing the last rituals. She was wearing white suit, her height was an ideal height, her skin was fair enough and was wearing a scarf on her head.
The priest gave her the stick. She looked at her father the last time. She was standing there and her face was telling the story of her grief. She did the last rituals and looked at the fire. One by one, people came to her and goes after meeting her but she was standing their emotionless. At last, she was standing there all alone.

Person: Muskan.

Muskan frowns, she looked here and there but no one was there.

Person: Muskan, mera bacha.

Muskan: Dad. Dad, aap kahan ho, Dad.

She looked around and moved there to see her father.

Muskan: Dad. Dad, please mere samne aaen, apni Muski ko gale se laga len. Koi nahi hai mera, kuch nahi bacha mere pass, Dad, please apni Muski ke samne aaen. Please. Aap ki Muski bilkul akeli ho gai hai, bilkul akeli. Koi nahi hai mere pass, dekhen bilkul akeli khari hai aap ki muski koi nahi.

Muskan falls on her knees and cries badly.

At the time of the night, Muskan was standing under the two large picture frames. One was of her mother and the second was of her father. She was looking at them with moist eyes. Someone kept the hand on her shoulder.

Person: Muskan.

Muskan turns to the person.

Muskan: Chachu.

Her uncle hugs her.

Muskan: Chachu, mamma ki tarha dad bhi mujhe chor kar chale ge. Ye bhi nahi socha ke un ke bina mera kya hoga.

Chachu: beta, ye sab to kismat ka khel hai is ke samne hum sab bebus hain. Aa beta kuch kha le tu ne kal se kuch nahi khaya.

Muskan wipes her tears and moves away.

Muskan: Mujhe bhukh nahi hai, Chachu.

Chachu: Beta, kab tak ase bhukhi rahegi, asa karne se kya milega tujhe.

Muskan: kuch nahi, Chachu, kuch bhi nahi. Aap meri tension mat lijiye mujhe thora waqt den main theek ho jaungi. Kisi ke jane se zindagi to nahi rokti na wo to chalti rehti hai jab tak us ka safar pura na ho jaye. Mamma ke jane ke bad bhi jeena sikh liya tha ab bhi sikh lun. Aaj kuch khane ka mann nahi kar raha lekin jab bhukh lage gi to khud hi utha kar khaungi yahi zindagi ka niyam hai, yahi zindagi hai. Aaj sab hain kal sab chale jaenge aur phir khud hi sab kuch karna hai. Khud se hi uthna hai, khud hi khana hai, khud hi khud ko sambhalna hai.

Her uncle looked down.

Chachu: Beta, parso hum bhi wapis chale jaenge ab kitne din reh sakte hain yahan. Tu ne kya socha hai?

Muskan: main yahi rahungi, Chachu, mere Dad ke business ko unchaiyun per le kar jana hai mujhe. Aap log jaiye, Chachu, aap ko bhi apne kaam hain kab tak yahan reh sakte hain ab to puri zindagi mujhe akele hi rehna hai ye ek do din ki baat nahi hai. Aap tension mat len main apne aap ko handle kar lungi.

Her uncle looked at her. Muskan goes from there. She knew that she has to make her strong. Just in one day, she became a girl from a naughty girl.

After two days, her uncle also goes from there. Muskan entered her mansion and there was a pin drop silence in the hall. She was all alone in the lavish mansion.

Six months passed like this and the only motive of Muskan's life was to grow the business of her father. She did hardwork day and night to make it to the peak. In these six months, Muskan was used to visit her and her father's favourite place every sunday which was a lake and trees were there. She always sat there on the bench and sits there for hours, that place gives her peace.

One day, Muskan was sitting on the bench and the memories has engulfed her.

She was wearing this coat on the shirt and with jeans

Muskan saw a man is carrying a child in his arms up in the air. He tickles her with his nose and they chuckled. She had the picture of that scene that's why she was imagining that. Muskan goes to lake side and saw her shadow in the lake. A thought came in her mind that every person is alone in this world. Muskan looked at the sky and missed her parents. She turns to go. She was going, she reached to the tree and keeps her hand on the tree. She heard the sound of sobbing. She stopped and frowns. She  tries to hear. She turns and she saw a man is sitting on his knees and was crying. She felt a connection to him. She saw the same pain in his eyes.

Man: Why did you go, Maya? Why, why did you leave me? Why?

Maya looked at him emotionally. She looked at the sky.

Muskan in mind: Shayad aaj koi asa mila hai jis se mera ghum ka rishta hai.

She heard the sound of phone and saw the man wiped his tears with his hand and nose with his sleeve. He picked up the phone.

Man: yeah, mom... yeah, I am coming, I am on the way.

He cuts the call and got up. He looked at the sky then he goes. Muskan was looking at him. She thinks.

At the time of the night, Muskan was laying on the bed and was lost in a deep thought.

Muskan narrates: Soi to us raat bhi nahi thi main lekin us raat main apne bare main nahi kisi aur ke bare main soch rahi thi.

Muskan was thinking about that man.