Chapter 03

It was the time of the morning, the birds were chirping on the trees and some were flying in the sky.

In a cafe, people were enjoying the morning, and Muskan was reading a novel. A man came to her and knocked on the table. Muskan looked up and was shocked to see the man.

Man: Can I sit here?

Muskan was just staring at him as he was the same man whom she saw near the lake. The man frowns.

Man: Excuse me?

No reply.

Man: Hello?

The man waves his hand in front of Muskan's eyes. Muskan came back to reality. She looked down. She felt embarrassed.

Muskan: ab, aa, yeah, yeah, say.

The man looked away in frustration. He looked down then he looked at Muskan. Muskan looked up and instantly she looked down.

Man: Can I sit here?

Muskan looked at him then she looked around.

Man: all tables are full. So... if you don't mind then can I sit here?

Muskan: Yeah, sure.

Man: thank you.

Muskan nods. The man sits.

Muskan resumed her reading of the novel. The man saw the book and reads the name of the book in his mind then he looked at Muskan. He saw the book.

Man in mind: the lonely girl.

The man looked here and there and Muskan glanced at him from time to time. Muskan looked at him when the man looked at her then she instantly looked at her book. The man shook his head as he was habitual of these glances and stares but he doesn't know that Muskan is confused by thinking that why she always collides with him.

Soon, their order came and Muskan closed her file. She smiled to see the sandwich, a smiley was made on it. She turned her face and saw Karan who signed her smile. Muskan smiled.  She had the bit and the man looked at her. When Muskan looked at him, he instantly turned his face. Muskan thinks while chewing the food. The man sipped his coffee. Muskan's phone rings. She took out her phone from the bag. She attends the call.

Muskan: Yes, Mr Malik.

Mr Malik: Miss Rajput, main apne ghar se nikal raha hun aap apne ghar per hi hain.

Muskan: ji, ji, aap aiye. Main ghar per hi hun.

The man looked at her.

Muskan: ok, bye.

Muskan cuts the call. She put her phone in the bag and she got up. Muskan goes to Karan. They talked then she hugged him.

Karan: don't worry, everything will be fine.

Muskan smiled. They broke the hug. The man was looking at them. Muskan goes. Karan came to the man and the man smiled to see him.

Karan: hey Sam, (they shake hands) what's up, bro?

They hugged each other.

Sameer: I am good, how are you?

Karan: I am good.

They broke the hug. They sat

Karan: kya baat hai aaj tera mood kuch theek nahi lag raha?

Sameer looked down at the cup and rolls it.

Sameer: wahi mom ka roz ka topic.

Karan: Shadi?

Sameeer nods. He looked his right and left.