Chapter 31

It was the time of the night, the rackets were making sounds in the garden area of Rathore mansion. Sameer entered his mother’s room where Ambika was laying on the bed by closing her eyes. She felt the presence of someone and opened her eyes. Ambika turned her face and she saw Sameer who was looking at her emotionally. Sameer saw her in this condition for the first time. Sameer smiled to make her feel good. Ambika also smiled.

Ambika: idhar aa.

Sameer came to her and sat beside her. He caressed his mother’s hair and kissed her forehead. Ambika smiled and then Sameer looked at her.

Sameer: how are you now?

Ambika: perfectly, fine.

Sameer: yeah, I can see that.

They smiled.

Sameer: I have talked to dad and next week, you both are going for your treatment.

Ambika: but…

Sameer: no if, no but. You are going means you are going. Dad ne pehle hi sare arrangements kar liye hain aur maine bhi aap ki baat maan li hai. Ab aap ka koi bahana nahi chalega.

Ambika was looking at Sameer. Sameer smiled.

Sameer: main second marriage ke liye ready hun.

Ambika: tu khush hai?

Sameer looked at her for a while then he smiled.

Sameer: aap khush to main khush.

Ambika: Sameer, main jo kuch bhi kar rahi hun who teri…

Sameer interrupts after taking a deep breath.

Sameer: ok, now (Sameer moved back) aap rest Karen. Doctor ne aap ko rest karne ke liye kaha hai main tab tak dekh kar aata hun aap ka soup bana ya nahi.

Sameer got up. Ambika was about to say.

Sameer: no tantrums.

Ambika made a face. Sameer smiled.

Sameer: no emotional blackmailing.

Ambika made a sad face. Sameer smiled.

Sameer: main aata hun.

Sameer goes and Ambika was looking at him.

Ambika: main janti hun bacha ke tu khush nahi hai lekin mera dil keh raha hai ke Muskan hi who larki hai jo teri is adheri duniya main ujala la sakti hai.

Sameer came out of the room and he was breathing heavily. He cried. Sameer gulped. He composed himself and wiped his eyes and then he sighed. Sameer goes from there.

Sameer came and he fed Ambika with his hands and then he made her sleep and kissed her forehead then he got up and sighed. He thinks.

Sameer was standing in his room and was holding his phone in his hand. He was thinking. He saw Maya’s picture and then he looked down. Sameer closed his eyes and then he dialled Muskan’s number.

Muskan was sitting on the bed and was studying a file and a laptop was kept in front of her. Her phone rang which was kept on the bed and she looked at the phone. She saw Sameer’s number and she felt nervous. Muskan picked up the phone from the bed and she thinks. Muskan picked up the call.

Muskan: Hello.

Sameer: main tum se milna chahta hun?

Muskan saw the time on the clock and it shows 11:18 pm.

Muskan: abhi?

Sameer saw the time and realized that it is too late.

Sameer: kal subha? Kya hum kal subha mil sakte hain?