Chapter 06

After spending the morning time with Priya. Muskan went to the office to engross her in the work. Many things were disturbing her but the top few were her father's condition, Priya's state, getting attracted to Sameer and taking her dad's company to the highest peak. She was living the life of a princess but suddenly the responsibilities came on her shoulders when her father got ill but still he was with her to guide her but after his demise, she became alone.

At the time of the night, Muskan was roaming in the garden area. She was wearing a white long Kurti with white trousers and covered her with a black long shawl. She was walking in the garden area and was lost in her thoughts. She heard the strike of the clock. She saw the time on her watch and it was 12 o'clock.

Muskan looked up. Her eyes filled with tears.

Muskan: Happy birthday, Muski.

She looked straight and saw a cake on the table. She thinks. She saw the flashes of how her father celebrated her birthday. How he gave her surprises and organises a grand birthday party every time, how they celebrate in the orphanage. She goes to the table and walked around it by keeping her hand on the table and looking at the cake. She stopped and saw the knife. She picked up the knife.

Muskan cuts the cake by singing: Happy birthday to me (her eyes filled with tears and her voice was shaking) her birthday to me, happy birthday dear Mus.ki. (tears fall from her eyes) happy. Birth. Day. To. Me.

Muskan kept the knife on the table and cried by keeping her both hands on the table. She tried to control her emotions. She squeezed her nose and wiped her eyes. She picked up the piece of the cake and she got emotional. She kept the piece of the cake back and sat on her knees by holding the table. She cried bitterly. She holds her both knees and cried. Muskan kept away the hair from her face and looked at the sky.

Muskan: mamma, dad.

Muskan cried bitterly. She lay there and was crying.

The sun rises and the sun rays fall on Muskan's face. She stirs in sleep and then she opened her eyes but again she shut her eyes because of the intensity of the light. She tried to open her eyes and got succeeded after a few attempts. She kept the hand in front of her eyes then she saw that she is in an open area. She frowns and she sat. Muskan looked around then she realised that she was sleeping in the garden area. She thinks and remembered that she slept while crying last night. She felt pity on herself.

On the other side, the birds were hovering over the cafe where people were enjoying the morning with their friends and family as it was Sunday. Sameer was also sitting in the cafe by keeping his hand on the table. He looked at the side of the entrance. He looked down and thinks. Sameer took his cup and sipped a coffee. Karan was passing by there, he was wearing a cup. He stopped to see Sameer and came to him.

Karan: hey, Sam, you are still here.

Sameer looked at him. He thinks.

Sameer: ab, aa. Yeah. I was about to go.

Karan: No need to lie. I know why you are not going home.

Sameer looked down. He looked up.

Sameer: leave it. Tu bata tu kahin ja raha hai kya?

Karan smiled.

Karan: han wo aaj Muskan ka birthday hai na to us ke sath orphanage ja raha tha.

Sameer smiled.

Sameer: kya (Sameer got up) aaj Muskan ka birthday hai?

Karan: yeah. Bohat mushkil se mani hai birthday celebrate karne ke liye.