Chapter 18

It was the time of the morning, Muskan came downstairs and she was ready to go to the café. She was carrying a bag in her arm. She looked up and stopped. She was surprised to see someone. She was looking at the person. It was Priya who was fidgeting her fingers and was looking tensed.

Muskan: Priyu?

Muskan goes to her and hugs her.

Muskan: thank God, you are fine. I was so worried for you.

Priya smiled faintly. Muskan broke the hug and cups Priya's face.

Muskan: tu theek hai na? Han?

Priya smiled with teary eyes and nodded. Muskan kissed her cheek. Muskan holds Priya's hand.

Muskan: chal andar chal.

Muskan turned and Priya winces. Muskan turned to Priya who squeezed her eyes. Muskan looked at their hands and took Priya's hand up. She was shocked to see the wound.

Muskan winces.

Muskan: ye chot kaise lagi?

Muskan looked up at Priya who looked down.

Muskan: zaror us Abhay ne kiya hoga. Hain na?

Priya looked away. Muskan got angry.

Muskan: mujhe smjh nahi aata ke tu ye sab bardasht hi kyun kar rahi hai.

Priya: chor na yaar.

Muskan glared at her.

Priya: mujhe tujhse kuch important baat karni hai.

Muskan thinks.

Muskan in mind: Sameer mera wait kar raha hoga.

Muskan looked at Priya.

Muskan: acha chal andar to chal.

Priya nods. Muskan turned and was going. Priya thinks. Muskan took out her phone and send a message.

On the other side, people were sitting at the cafe. Sameer was going to the table. Sameer's phone beeps. He stopped and took out his phone. Sameer saw the message.

Sameer reads: sorry, Sameer, aaj main cafe nahi aa sakti. Priyu ayi hai.

Sameer thinks and walks slowly while looking at the phone. Sameer looked up and goes to his table. Sameer sits and thinks.

On the other side, Priya and Muskan were sitting on the couch. Muskan looked at Priya. Priya was looking down and was fidgeting with her fingers. Muskan looked at Priya's hand then she looked at Priya.

Muskan: bol, Priyu, kya baat hai?

Priya looked at Muskan. She was hesitating. Priya holds Muskan's hand and Muskan frowns. She sensed that something is serious.

Priya: dekh, Muski, tu janti hai ke hum dono ka relationship doston se zyada behno jaisa hai.

Muskan frowns.

Priya: aur hum dono kabhi ek dusre ka bura nahi chahenge.

Priya stopped. Muskan nods.

Muskan: han lekin tu kehna kya chahti hai.

Priya was looking at Muskan.

Muskan: saaf saaf bata baat kya hai?

Priya: Abhay se shadi kar le.

Muskan was shocked. She took her hands back and Priya looked at the hands. Muskan got up and Priya was looking at her.

Muskan: what? Dimagh kharab ho gaya hai kya tera?