Chapter 23

It was the time of the morning, the birds were hovering in the sky over the Rathore mansion and Sameer was standing in front of the dressing table. He brushed his hair and kept the hairbrush on the table. Sameer saw himself and thinks. He was feeling awkward to going to the cafe and was hesitating about how he will face Muskan. Sameer thinks.

On the other side, people were enjoying the morning with friends and family. Muskan was also sitting at one of the tables and was reading a novel. Three friends were sitting at the other table.

Girl: pata hai yeh girl hamesha yahi bethti hai.

Muskan heard them and she looked up from the novel.

Girl 2: yeah, aur ek boy bhi aata hai.

Girl: hmm, mujhe to lagta hai in dono main koi to scene chal raha hai.

Girl 3: asa kyun lagta hai tujhe?

Girl 1: kyun ke ye dono hamesha yahin bethte hain.

Girl 3: to yeh friends bhi to ho sakte hain na.

Muskan thinks.

Girl 1: nahi kuch to hai. Tu ne dekha nahi hai na, is liye bol rahi hai.

Muskan turned her face and looked at them.

Girl 2: sshhhh... woh dekh rahi hai.

Trio looked at the plate and then they looked at Muskan and avoids eye contact. Muskan thinks. Sameer was standing on the other side and was hearing them. Sameer looked at Muskan who was lost in thoughts. Muskan looked at the girls and then she looked up and was surprised to see Sameer. Muskan smiled to see him and Sameer also passed a smile. Sameer came to Muskan and Muskan was looking at him. Sameer sat.

Girl: see.

Girls were looking at Sameer and Muskan. Muskan looked at them and Sameer too turned his face when Sameer looked at them, they looked away. Sameer did not like anyone's interference in his life. These were girls if any boy was at their place then he would see them. The waiter comes and placed the order. Muskan and Sameer looked at him. He greets them and they smiled. Muskan and Sameer talked and smiled. Muskan felt that Sameer's mood is not good as he was looking at the girls from time to time. Muskan thinks.

Muskan did not go to the cafe in the evening because of a meeting.

Later, Muskan was sitting on the bed in her room and was lost in thoughts. She recalled what those girls were saying.

Flashback:

1. Girl: hmm, mujhe to lagta hai in dono main koi to scene chal raha hai.

2. Girl 3: asa kyun lagta hai tujhe?

3. Girl 3: to yeh friends bhi to ho sakte hain na.

4. Girl 1: nahi kuch to hai. Tu ne dekha nahi hai na, is liye bol rahi hai.

Flashback ends.

Muskan was thinking.

Muskan: ab to log bhi humare bare main baatain karne lage hain pata nahi agaye kya kya hona baki hai.

Muskan thinks.

Muskan: Sameer ke face se saaf zahir ho raha tha ke usay un girls ki baat bilkul pasand nahi ayi. Aur aye gi bhi kyun wo apni wife se aaj bhi bohat pyaar karta hai.

Muskan gulped and she felt her heart heavy. Muskan smiled.

Muskan: kya kismat hai meri sari zindagi pyaar lafz ka matlab smajhne main laga di aur jab pyaar smajh aya, pyaar ka ehsaas howa to pyaar ne dhoka de diya.