Chapter 08

It was the time of the morning, a car was moving to its destination. Sameer was driving the car and Muskan was sitting beside him. Both were feeling awkward. The number one reason is they rarely know each other and the second reason was different for them. Sameer never let any other girl sit at the front seat because of him it was his wife's right and it will always be her right. Muskan was feeling an attraction toward Sameer since the day, she had seen him at the lakeside. She felt a connection with him and that feeling is disturbing her because of this feeling she was not going to the cafe. Muskan kept her hair behind her ear and looked out from the window.

Sameer stopped the car and Muskan looked at him.

Sameer: ab, aa, ek minute. Main bus abhi aya.

Muskan nods. Sameer opened the car door and got down of the car. Muskan was noticing the surroundings to pass her time. Sameer came back and he got in the car. Sameer was carrying a black shopping bag. Muskan looked at Sameer who turn to her slightly. Sameer was hesitating but he took out a small teddy and passed it to Muskan. Muskan was surprised to see it. She smiled and to see her smile, Sameer smiled. Muskan took it from Sameer.

Muskan: It is so cute.

Sameer smiled.

Muskan: For whom did you buy it?

Sameer looked at Muskan surprisingly.

Muskan: do you know any kid there? Did you go to our orphanage earlier?

Sameer: ab, no, Iiii did. Not. Go. There. Earlier. This.

Sameer licked his lips.

Sameer: this is for you.

Muskan was surprised.

Muskan: for me.

Sameer: yeah. Why? Don't you like soft toys?

Muskan: no, I love soft toys.

Muskan got excited.

Muskan: you know, my childhood room is filled with soft toys. Kuch time pehle tak main wahan jati thi mujhe bohat acha lagta tha waja.

Sameer saw a childish side.

Muskan: pata hai dad hamesha mujhe chirate the aur mazak urate the ke itni bari ho gai ho lekin bachpana abhi tak nahi gaya and the best part is ke wo khud wo soft toys late the mere liye in fact mere last birthday per mujhe a big size Teddy gift kiya tha jo size main mujhse bhi bara hai. I am sure is baar bhi wo...

Muskan stopped as reality hits her. Her eyes filled with tears. Sameer felt bad for her. He can understand her pain though his parents are with him but he knows the pain of losing the loved one. Muskan looked away and wiped her tears.

Sameer smiled.

Sameer: I knew it. it knew it, you will like it. 99% girls like soft toys. Today is your birthday so I thought to give you a gift.

Muskan looked at him and smiled.

Sameer: You know, Maya ko bhi...

This time Sameer stopped. Muskan looked at him.

Muskan in mind: Maya? Ye Maya kon hai? Us din bhi Sameer Maya naam hi le raha tha? Kon hai yeh Maya aur us ka Sameer se kya relation hai?

Muskan thinks. She looked at Sameer.
Sameer covered his pain with a smile.

Sameer: oops, I forgot.

Sameer took out a chocolate from his pocket by saying: I bought chocolate for you.

Sameer gave the chocolate to Muskan.

Muskan: Thank you.

Sameer smiled. He holds the steering wheel.