Chapter 17

It was the time of the morning, the birds were hovering over the cafe and were chirping. Muskan was sitting at her table where she and Sameer always sit and she was waiting for Sameer. She saw the time on her watch and it shows 08:45 am. Muskan thinks and her eyes got teary. Muskan sighs and wipes her eyes so that tears can not fall from her eyes.

Muskan: aaj ye qisa bhi khatam howa. Ek naya safar shuru howa.

Muskan looked at the entrance and then she looked down. Muskan holds her bag and got up. She kept her cell phone in the bag and she closed the button. A wind blows and Muskan closed her eyes. She felt something and turned her face. She saw Sameer is coming who was looking down, here and there. Sameer scratched his nose. Muskan's happiness had no limits but soon her smile faded and tears. She thinks and saw the time on her watch and it shows 08:56 am. Muskan thinks.

Muskan: nahi, Muskan, wo tujhse milne nahi aya wo to is liye aya hai kyun ke tere jane ka time ho gaya hai.

Muskan looked at Sameer who was talking on the phone. Muskan looked at him emotionally. Muskan thinks.

Flashback:

1. Muskan: Kal subha main tumhara cafe main wait karun gi agar tum aoge to main samjhongi ke tum ne mujhe mauf kar diya aur agar nahi aye to I promise ye humari akhri mulaqat hogi.

2. Muskan: agar kabhi kahin samna bhi howa to mukar kar chali jaungi lekin tumhare pass nahi aungi.

Flashback.

Muskan was in deep thought. She grabbed her bag and turned. She took a side way so that Sameer could not see her. Muskan was going by looking down and Sameer was talking on the phone, his face was to Muskan’s side but he turned. Muskan was going from there and she passed behind his back. She looked at him and goes. She stopped at the entrance and thinks. Muskan turned and faced Sameer's back. Muskan thinks and goes.

Muskan stopped near her car and took out the keys from her bag. She was shaking because her emotions were at their peak. She was trying to insert the keys

Person: Muskan.

Muskan flinched and the key falls from her hand.

Muskan looked around but no one was there. She saw a man is carrying a girl of 6, 7 years old.

Man: Muskan, how many times I have told you to not cross the road alone?

The man kissed his daughter. Muskan got emotional. She was missing her father and wanted him near her right now but it can't be possible.

Muskan wiped her tears and picked up the key. She inserted the key and wiped her tears. Muskan opened the car door and was about to get in the car but someone holds her wrist and pulled her back. Muskan flinched and jumped in fear. Her side hit the car door and she felt pain at her side. She squeezed her eyes and when she opened her eyes she was shocked to see Sameer who was panting. Muskan was shocked. She was not able to understand anything as she was in shock. Sameer took a deep breath but still was panting.

Sameer: kahan ja rahi thi?

Muskan frowns then she understands but she was upset and angry because Sameer came late. Muskan jerks her arms and frees them.

Sameer looked at her hand then he looked at Muskan.

Muskan: Tum se matlab.

Sameer frowns.

Muskan: Tum to humari friendship khatam kar chuke ho na.

Sameer looked at her.

Muskan: maine kaha tha na agar tum nahi aye to tumhe kabhi apna chehra nahi dikhaongi. Ab main ja rahi hun.