Chapter 04

It was a pleasant morning, the birds were enjoying the weather by flying in the sky. A cafe was floating with the crowd.

Muskan entered the cafe. She was disturbed so she came there. She saw only one table is vacant and it was the same table where she sat yesterday. She goes to sit there then she took out her glasses and the novel. Muskan started reading that. Sameer entered the cafe and he was moving to the table but he stopped to see Muskan. He came there and sat. Muskan looked up and was surprised to see him. She thinks then she shrugs off her thoughts and starts reading. They did not order anything as they are the regular customer and everyone knows what they want so when they come, their order reached on their table.

Karan saw Sameer and Muskan, he frowns to see them then he smiled and came to them.

Karan: Hi.

Sameer and Muskan smiled. They replied to him. Karan holds the chair.

Karan: Do you know each other?

Sameer and Muskan looked at each other. Sameer smiled

Sameer: no.

Muskan: I came first. All tables were filled so he came and sat here. Kal bhi asa hi kuch howa tha.

Sameer was looking at him.

Karan: Oh. Waise tujhe pata hai ye is ki table hai. Ye hamesha yahan bethta hai is liye ye table khali thi.

Muskan was shocked.

Karan: Staff kisi ko nahi bethne deta yahan tu meri friend hai is liye kisi ne roka nahi tujhe.

Muskan: oh.

Muskan looked at Sameer.

Muskan: I am so sorry.

Sameer sighed it's ok with his hand which was kept on the table.

Muskan: mujhe nahi pata tha ye aap ki table hai.

Sameer: It's ok, you can sit here.

Muskan looked here and there for a chair.

Karan: Muskan, chill kar yaar. Tum dono ek dusre ko nahi jante main tum dono ko introduce karwa deta hun.

Karan goes to the Sameer and he holds his shoulders: Muskan, yeh Sameer hai mera bohat acha dost.

They smiled.

Karan: aur Sameer.

Karan goes to the Muskan and he holds her shoulders: ye Muskan hai. My childhood friend.

Muskan kept her hand on Karan's hand. Karan stands in their Centre and Muskan and Sameer were sitting on the chair.

Karan: lo ho gaya introduction. Problem solved.

They smiled. Someone called Karan.

Karan: excuse me.

Sameer nods. Muskan sets her hair. Karan goes. Muskan and Sameer looked at each other.

Muskan: I hope, you didn't mind, I sat here.

Sameer: not at all, waise bhi main akela hi bethta hun. So relax, chill.

Muskan smiled. Their order came and they starts having it.

Sameer: so, Muskan, who is in your family?

Muskan was about to bite the sandwich. She stopped and looked at Sameer.

Muskan: only me. When I was eight years old, my mamma passed away and six months ago, my Dad...

Muskan looked down. Sameer felt bad.

Sameer: I am sorry.

Muskan smiled.