Chapter 16

At the time of night, the roads were floating with the vehicles. The moon was shining in the sky. In a cafe, the chairs were empty because Sameer was one hour late. Some chairs were kept at the side under the shed. Sameer and Muskan were standing in the cafe.

Sameer and Muskan were looking at each other. Sameer got angry and he turns to go. Muskan saw that.

Muskan: Sameer.

She immediately ran to him and holds his arm. Sameer looked at Muskan's hand and Muskan followed his gaze then they looked at each other. Muskan took her hand back.

Muskan: Sorry.

Sameer was looking at Muskan. He turned to go but Muskan partially came in his way.

Muskan: Sameer.

Sameer looked at her then he looked away.

Muskan: Sameer, ek baar meri baat sun lo agar us ke bad bhi tumhara yahi decision howa jo abhi hai to us ke bad main kabhi tum se nahi milungi. I promise.

Sameer looked at her.

Muskan: beth...

Muskan stopped. She was hesitating then she squeezed her eyes.

Sameer: ab kuch bolo gi bhi.

Muskan looked at Sameer. She got hurt. Muskan closed her eyes and sighed deeply. She looked at Sameer who looked away.

Muskan: Sameer, main janti hun ke cheezain bohat awkward ho gai hain humare beech main aur, aur galti sirf meri hai, I am solely responsible for it but main apni is galti ki waja se humari friendship kharab nahi hone dena chahti.

Sameer thinks. He was not looking at her.

Muskan: main, main kabhi apni feelings ko humare bich nahi aane dungi. Tum bhul jao ke maine kabhi tum se apni feelings ke bare main share kiya tha.

Muskan looked at Sameer.

Muskan: Bohat time bad mujhe koi mila hai jis ke sath mujhe acha feel hota hai. Karan cafe main busy rehta hai aur Priyu, mera matlab Priya ka kuch ata pata nahi hota sirf tum hi ho jis ke sath beth kar main apni problems, apni sari tensions, stress sab kuch bhul jati hun. Kuch waqt ke liye hi sahi lekin ek sukoon milta hain main wo sukoon nahi khona chahti. Sare apne kho chuki hun ab main apni bewaqofi ki waja se apna acha dost nahi khona chahti.

Sameer looked at her and Muskan again tried an attempt.

Muskan: main, main apni feelings ko apne andar hi daba dungi aaj ke bad main tumhe koi shikayat ka mouka nahi dungi, phir kabhi wo baat nahi uthegi humare bich ye mera wadda hai tum se. Bus ek akhri bhul samjh kar mauf kar do.

Muskan looked at Sameer and sighed who was not looking at her.

Muskan: bus yahi kehna chahti thi tum se... Kal subha main tumhara cafe main wait karun gi agar tum aoge to main samjhongi ke tum ne mujhe mauf kar diya aur agar nahi aye to I promise ye humari akhri mulaqat hogi.

Sameer looked at her.

Muskan: agar kabhi kahin samna bhi ho to mukar kar chali jaungi lekin tumhare pass nahi aungi.

Sameer was  looking at her and he felt a pinch in his heart. Sameer thinks and he looked at Muskan then he goes from there. Muskan was looking at her. She thinks.

Person: kya hasil howa tujhe?

Muskan heard that and she turned. Karan was standing at some distance and Muskan was looking at him. She remained silent. Karan shook his head and goes back to the shed and Muskan was looking at him.