Chapter 10

It was the time of the morning, the dark clouds were hovering in the sky. The birds were chirping and flying in the sky. In the cafe, the people were enjoying the cool weather. Sameer was sitting at his table and was looking around. He looked at the entrance and saw Muskan is coming carrying a handbag and a file in her hand. Muskan sets her hair with her hand and Sameer smiled to see her. Muskan turned her face to him and smiled to see him. She came to him.

Muskan: good morning.

Sameer got up.

Sameer: good morning. Please have a seat.

Muskan smiled and she sat. Sameer also sat. Muskan sets her hair with her hand, it is her habit. Sameer looked at the sky.

Sameer: aaj mosam kitna acha hai na.

Muskan smiled to see the sky.

Muskan: hmm, dekhen panchi kitne khush hain, kaise chechaha rahe hain.

Sameer: hmm.

They looked at each other and smiled. Someone came and placed the plates and they were surprised to see the fritters with sandwiches and coffee. They looked up and were surprised to see Karan.

Karan: your order, sir, ma’am.

Muskan smiled, and then she looked at Sameer who also looked at her and smiled. Sameer looked at Karan.

Sameer: dramebaaz.

Muskan: kya hai ye sab?

Karan: barish ke mosam main garma garm pakore.

They smiled.

Karan: barish main pakore khane ka maza hi kuch aur hai kyun Sameer.

Sameer: bilkul.

Muskan: yaad hai Karan kaise main, tu aur Priyu barish main beeghte howe pakore khate the aur chai bhi peete the.

Karan looked down.

Karan: yeah.

Muskan realized what she said. She felt bad. Sameer also felt bad for Karan.

Muskan: I am sorry.

Karan smiled.

Karan: chor na yaar.

Sameer was looking at them.

Muskan: ab betho.

Karan smiled and sat. They enjoyed the fritters. Muskan fed Karan a bit of her sandwich. Sameer saw that and thinks. He felt something in his heart. He remembered his wife. He thought it is because he is missing his wife but there was also one more reason but he was unaware of that. Karan looked at Sameer. They smiled to see each other. Muskan looked at them. Karan fed the fritter to Muskan and they smiled. They were talking and enjoying themselves.

Suddenly, the rain started. People start running. The staff was picking up the vessels. Sameer looked up and frowns. Muskan grabbed her phone, bag and file then she ran to the shelter of the counter. She kept her things there and cleans herself. Karan was standing at some distance. Everyone runs here and there. Muskan turned and saw the rain. She looked around.

Muskan: Sameer?

She turned her face and saw Sameer is enjoying the rain by spreading his arms and he was twirling. Sameer's eyes were closed. Muskan was just staring at him. She was lost. Karan looked at Muskan and he was surprised to see her because Muskan was lost in adoring Sameer. Karan followed her gaze and saw Sameer who ran his hand in his hair. Karan again looked at Muskan. Sameer looked at Karan.