Chapter 26

It was the time of the morning, the birds were hovering in the sky and the vehicles were flowing on the roads. The sun was shining at the building of the hospital where Muskan was standing near the bed of the Priya and Sameer was looking at them from outside. Muskan caressed Priya’s hair and kissed her forehead. Priya smiled with closed eyes.

Muskan: kaisi hai ab?

Priya nods.

Priya: better.

Muskna’s eyes filled with tears.

Muskan: jaan nikal di thi tune meri.

Priya holds her ears.

Priya: sorry.

They smiled with teary eyes. Sameer sighs to see Muskan smiling.

It was the time of the evening, the birds were hovering in the sky and the vehicles were flowing on the roads because it was time of the people to go home where a kettle of tea or coffee was waiting for them after a tiring day in office. A car stopped outside the Rathore mansion where Sameer entered the home while rubbing his forehead. He wanted to go to Muskan because he had to go office for an urgent meeting but his father asked him to come home as he wanted to talk to him. Sameer looked up and he saw Ambika is standing at some distance. Sameer smiled to see her but soon his smile faded and a frown replaced it on his face.

Sameer: mom?

Ambika came to him.

Sameer: mom, you ok?

Ambika smiled fakely.

Ambika: ha, han. Mujhe kya howa hai? Bus zara si thakan ho gai hai aur kuch nahi.

Sameer made a face.

Sameer: aap, apna dihan bilkul nahi rakhti.

Ambika: acha, ye sab chor aur ye bata woh tera dost kaisa hai?

Sameer: better hai. Doctor ne kaha hai ek do din main discharge mil jaega.

Ambika took a breath of relief. Sameer frowns.

Sameer: aap ko kya howa?

Ambika looked at him.

Ambika: kuch nahi bataya to thakan hai.

Sameer feels weird.

Ambika: waise howa kya hai tere friend ko?

Sameer: fever.

Ambika: oo.

Sameer was looking at her.

Ambika: waise naam kya hai tere friend ka?

Sameer was shocked.

Sameer: woh, woh, mom, aa, aap, usay nahi janti.

Ambika: bataega to jaan jaungi na.

Sameer: woh, woh, Karan.

Ambika: le, Karan ko to main ache se janti khinch, khinch kar us ke kaan maine hi to bare kiye hain.

Sameer: mom, woh Karan ka friend hai. Main to sirf Karan ki waja se wahan tha.

Ambika: aaj subha hi Karan se baat hoi meri woh cafe main tha.

Sameer was shocked.

Sameer: han, isi liye to main wahan tha us ke friend ke pass. Karan ne kaha ke usay meri help ki zarorat hai to main chala gaya.

Ambika: acha?

Ambika was looking at him. She turned serious.

Ambika: lekin kal raat ko to tu ne Muskan kaha tha. Tu ne kaha tha ke Muskan ko teri zarorat hai.