Chapter 41

It was the time of night, the moon hid behind the cloud and the wind was hiding the trees and walls of the houses. The white curtains of Sameer’s room were flying with the wind and Sameer was sitting on the bed holding the broken picture frame of Maya’s picture and his eyes were teary.

Sameer: I am sorry, Maya, pata nahi kaise yeh… pata nahi kaise mera hath… I am sorry please mujhe mauf kar do. Pata nahi kya ho gaya hai mujhe? Kyun itna gussa aane laga hai mujhe? pehle to kabhi asa nahi howa? Ab to humari pehle ki tarha batain bhi nahi hoti pata nahi waqt kahan beet jata hai. Kuch smajh nahi araha please help me, Maya, please.

Sameer looked up at the roof.

Sameer: God, please help me. Please. Yeh jo dard mujhe ho raha hai us heal kar dijiye, please, God, please.

Sameer closed his eyes and cried: please.

Sameer was lost in his thoughts unaware of the presence of someone. Muskan was standing at the door and was looking at Sameer with teary eyes. She thought, Sameer is crying by remembering Maya but the truth was, Sameer was crying because he was hurt because of her closeness with Karan and he is not able to accept the truth. Yes, one reason was of crying was Maya because he unintentionally broke the frame but he was hurt before that too.
Muskan looked down and then she looked at Sameer again and she goes from there. Sameer opened his eyes and he looked at the picture frame sadly.

The sun rises and brings the new day with new hopes, happiness and of course challenges. Sameer was getting ready for the office and he was combing his hair and he kept the hairbrush on the table. Sameer saw himself and he turned. Muskan came into his room carrying a cell phone in her hand. Sameer saw her.

Muskan: Sameer, mom wants…

And Muskan's foot slipped because of the wet floor. Muskan was about to fall but Sameer held her waist and he pulled her to him but he also lost his balance and they fell on the bed. Muskan was on Sameer. Sameer opened his eyes and he was lost in admiring his beauty queen whose eyes were closed. Sameer smiled to see her. Muskan opened her eyes and she saw her Mr Handsome and she was lost in his eyes. They were looking at each other, forgetting that they have an audience. Ambika was looking at them with opened mouth. She was also lost. Muskan’s hair came to the side and it blocked Ambika’s view. Sameer kept away the hair because the hair was disturbing him.

Sameer and Muskan were lost in their world and Ambika closed her eyes. She was wearing a scarf to cover her head.

Ambika: ummm, main abhi bhi line per hun.

Muskan and Sameer came back to the world and they turned their face. They were shocked to see Ambika. Muskan wanted to get up and Sameer also moved but Muskan again fell on him. They looked at each other and Ambika smiled. Muskan moved to the side. Sameer sat and then Muskan sat. They looked at the phone and got up in embarrassment. Ambika gave them a teasing look. They looked down in awkwardness.

Ambika: kuch to lihaaz karo meri umar ka.

They were drowning in awkwardness. Muskan looked at the phone and when she didn’t find any way to run, she cut the call in panic. Sameer was shocked.

Ambika laughed.

Ambika: pagal.

She smiled and sighed happily that they are happy in their life.

Muskan and Sameer were looking down, here and there. They were feeling awkward. Muskan saw the wet floor.

Muskan: yeh floor wet kyun hai?

Sameer looked at Muskan and then he looked down at the floor.

Sameer: woh, mujhse pani gir gaya tha.

Muskan: oh. Woh, breakfast. Ready. Hai. Aa. Jana.